Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

My new cheapo chair

Sueb20
9 years ago

A week or so ago, we moved a chair from the living room to the dining room, which it works great, but it left us with an empty corner in the living room. In my "more is more" house, an empty corner is intolerable. Plus, we need that random chair, oh, maybe 4 times a year for extra seating. So I needed a chair no bigger than about 24" x 24", but I didn't want it to look like a kitchen chair. I also really didn't want a solid color, because most of the upholstered furniture in the room is solid, except for a narrow striped red/beige chair. AND I didn't want to spend a lot because its primary job is to just hang around looking cute.

After much searching, I ended up ordering the cheapest chair I found -- not because it was so cheap, but because I actually liked it best. And since it came from Tar-jay online, I knew I could return it to our local store if it turned out to be total junk.

I paid around $120 for it, but now it's on sale for $101. Either way, it's a bargain. Quite sturdy and the color scheme is Perfect in my living room. My main concern was that the background would be too light/white, but I was relieved to see that it's actually more cream, almost beige.

Isn't it cute?

PS Before you critique my choice of pillow...that's not necessarily staying there. I just tossed it there because it was on the other chair.

Comments (8)