Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathec_gw

Anyone have a Martha Stewart - Sherwin Williams color you love?

kathec
14 years ago

I loved the old Martha colors at Sherwin Williams. It was discontinued when I was between houses, bummer. Anyway, I no longer have any of the cards, but I was wondering if anyone has colors from this collection you loved? Or have pictures? If so, please share.

I know SW will still mix the formulas & I've got the list of names & numbers from ebay.

Thanks,

Kathe

Here is a link that might be useful: Martha colors - scroll down for list

Comments (11)

• ttodd
    14 years ago

Sandpiper
    Cats Whiskers

• tomorrowisanotherday
    14 years ago

Can I just say that I truly MISS the older colors?

From their old colors:
    Autumn Blonde--fabulous yellowish beige.
    Ruby Gem--best. red. evaaaahhh. And it covered completely in 2 coats.
    Poetic Blue--soft, almost robin's egg, but not. Ultra pretty!

Current colors:
    Dover White, Alabaster white
    Ivorie, and the rest of the colors on that strip. Priceless!
    latte and the rest of that strip too.
    Compatible Cream

From the Concepts in Color group:
    Poolhouse--it's kind of like a Pottery Barn sort of blue.

• tomorrowisanotherday
    14 years ago

Whoops--I completely misread that OP! I was thinking you meant Martha AND SW colors. My bad!

• sue36
    14 years ago

I have Moonrise in my guest bathroom, it is frequently commented on. I have Rhododendron in my den, but I will be painting over it because I found a rug I love and it doesn't match. SW will mix the colors still.

• bungalow_house
    14 years ago

I loved Buckboard, which was a muddy purple; I've never seen any other paint color like it. I was going to use it for a nursery but it seemed a bit too feminine for a boy's room.

I did use Parchment, a nice taupe.

I agree there were a lot of great colors in that line. The greens, in particular, appealed to me.

• scanmike
    14 years ago

I loved Barn and was contemplating using it for the dining room. The girl at SW mixed it wrong and it came out candy apple red! I just ended up with BM Rasp. Truffle.
    Also used Fen..a nice calm sage green.

• kathec
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I bought the current issue of Beautiful Kitchens today and saw a lovely vintage look kitchen with yellow cabinets. I thought, hmmm, that might be a nice change from the creamy white I was considering. So I looked up the color and was please to see Sea Oats and Dupioni on the ceiling, Sherwin Williams. Great, I thought, I'll get my SW fandeck out and see the color IRL. Except, it wasn't there. A quick google for Sea Oats paint came up with Martha @ SW. So, I started remembering how great those colors were and I'm totally kicking myself for purging all my paint cards a few years ago. DH is forever on my case because I can't resist them and they're everywhere.

I'm headed to my Mom's this Thanksgiving. I'm hoping she has some still lying around. I inherited my paint chip addiction from her. Can't wait!

Keep the colors coming. I'd love to see pictures if you've got them.

• epiccycle
    14 years ago

Rattan. It's a warm, sunny, soft yellow, brightens the room without being harsh.

Sometimes I think about changing to a pale blue-gray but it's been this color for so long I'm afraid I might freeze to death during the long winter months. :)

• kathec
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oooh pretty frankoma. The rattan is really nice. You're right, blue might be too cold.

Thanks for the inspiring pictures.
    Kathe

• jrkp
    last year

My favorite was Rutabaga. I used it in the den in two different houses. After the MS colors were discontinued, SW stores were able to pull up the formula and mix the color for me.

• HU-678870721
    6 months ago

I loved Georgia Beach and one other that i cant remember the name…would love to have access to those paint chips again