Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Christmas wreath--pre-lit and outdoor

crl_
9 years ago

I'd like to buy a decent pre-lit, battery powered, wreath for my front door for Christmas this year. It is somewhat sheltered but still, obviously, outside. Cost does matter, but value matters just as much as I'd like something that looks nice and can be reused for a few years. I'm thinking a fairly traditional wreath with faux greenery as the base.

Suggestions for sources or even particular items much appreciated!

Comments (7)

• theclose
    9 years ago

Look at Frontgate, Costco and Gumps. I have had one from Frontgate for 3 years that I like. Very basic and traditional. I have one from Costco as well for front door. More ornate. They did have trad ones too. Manufacturer is Village Lighting or something like that. Just got new garland from Gumps. More ornate but I really like it. They are having 20% off right now and have less ornate ones. Frontgate is having % off right now too, depending on how much you spend.

All that I have are pre-lit and battery operated.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

I needed a big one and made my own by buying a bunch of green garlands and wrapping them with lights around a hula hoop. Then I wired in a few "picks" from the local craft store and added a big bow of wired ribbon. We added a wire from top to bottom to help support the hoop frame as it did get a bit heavy. But it worked for us.

• 4boys2
    9 years ago

Even cheaper...You don't have to buy the green garland.
    I go to Home Depot or such where they discard the branches when they trim a tree for customers.Attach to a hoop.

OOOOPs I guess this doesn't satisfy the need to reuse.

But...I have a fake tree and this satisfies my need for pine scented xmas.

Rereading your post I find myself of no use !!

• sable_ca
    9 years ago

Another source is QVC. I especially like the various products by Bethlehem Lights. For me they last very well, the lights don't burn out, and the "greenery" is flexible and holds its shape, and it's easy to attach additional ornaments, ribbons, pine cones, etc.

Go to qvc dot com and in the search window type Christmas Wreaths. There is a huge selection!

• aputernut
    9 years ago

Here's a few very reasonable to.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brylane Home

• User
    9 years ago

Depending on your climate, batteries won't last very long in cold weather

Yrs back I had a battery powered wreath hung between an interior and exterior stormdoor.
    The double C batteries weren't even lasting an hr.

• crl_
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you! No problems with a pre-lit battery operated outdoor garland last year so I think a pre-lit batter operated wreath should be fine.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!