Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Finally! My 'mini sofa' for my dining/library room is here! Pics.

Sueb20
14 years ago

Hurrah! That only took....3 months! I still have some fussing to do, and the pillows on the sofa are from my kitchen -- I'm having a new rectangular pillow made from the fabric I used to cover the chair seats. But for now, here it is...

Comments (26)

• deeinohio
    14 years ago

Beautiful! Just in time for the holidays. I still really covet those chairs.
    Dee

• andee_gw
    14 years ago

Sue,
    Just beautiful. Sorry to ask, but could you make the pictures a bit bigger? I'd really enjoy looking at some of the detail in your rooms.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have no idea why the pictures came out so small. I put them in their "original" format from my camera to Photobucket without even reducing the size like I would for email. Anyone know how to make them bigger from Photobucket?

This is the other side of the room.

• catt11
    14 years ago

Wow!! I just love that room and how you have it fixed! So inviting!

• teacats
    14 years ago

Just perfect!

I love the whole room! So cozy and very welcoming!

Jan at Rosemary Cottage

• bungalow_house
    14 years ago

Yes, lovely, and a wise use of space!

• lisa_mocha
    14 years ago

I love it!

I think it's just wonderful to incorporate a sofa or bench with dining chairs and to have multi-purpose room such as library/dining room!

Very inviting room...well done:)

• User
    14 years ago

Very nice and inviting. Love those chairs!

• User
    14 years ago

You can reset your photobucket account for different size max uploads. Your's must be set to small. Heres how to change it....
    Look below where it says "Upload images and videos" and you'll see "Use CTRL to select multiple files (more options)" Click on the "(more options)" and a window will open that you can change what size you want the max upload to be. I use the 17inch screen size so if any photo I choose to crop doesn't wind up too small for easy viewing.

I hope that helps.

I do love your sofa table and chairs. All very pretty.

• dilly_dally
    14 years ago

It looks like that mini-couch is going to be too low to eat comfortably. Have you sat on it yet?

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yup, it's actually just right, Dilly. I searched everywhere for a loveseat (well, PB calls it a "mini sofa") that had a higher-than-usual seat.

Actually, we need to add casters to the bottom of the table legs -- it's a little low for all my seats. I assume the table originally had casters and some previous owner removed them.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Let's see if this works -- bigger pics?

Hm, always fun to see pics of my own rooms here and realize what needs to be tweaked.... gotta go put those framed pictures somewhere else...

• cooperbailey
    14 years ago

Perfect! I love the look of upholstered loveseats drawn up to a table. I have one saved somewhere. I think your choices are wonderful!

• amylville
    14 years ago

Looks so cozy, I love the idea of having a couch instead of all dining chairs. So true about seeing pictures of your own rooms to give you a fresh perspective

• cliff_and_joann
    14 years ago

It all looks very pretty, and comfortable too.
    Joann

• parma42
    14 years ago

I love your mini sofa and your whole room.

Did that new rug start to lie flat, yet? That looked so great with the red leather. :)

• dabunch
    14 years ago

Sueb20,

Love your entire room.

I am currently deciding whether I want to put window seats or get a couple of mini settees in the dining nook

What is the name of you paint color?

• DLM2000-GW
    14 years ago

Wow you are just movin' and shakin' right along there! It looks so nice - unique and so inviting. Love all your choices. When someone asks how to do 'eclectic' right, show them these pictures.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Aww, thanks everyone! I sat in there tonight for a while waiting for dinner to cook, and it was cozy. The sofa is comfortable for being so small.

dabunch, the wall color is a BM Aura color called Milk & Honey. The room used to be Stuart Gold and it just got to be too bright for me so we re-painted last year. I love this color.

dlm, I am so flattered... eclectic is generally how I see my style so I'm glad it's working in this room!

p.s. Parma, yes, the rug is behaving now. I seem to have had a lot of little projects going on at once lately! I think it's pre-winter 'nesting.'

• User
    14 years ago

I love your sofa! I hope you report back and tell us how well it works for seating when you have many guests around the table.

• loribee
    14 years ago

What a lovely spot...great job!

• zipdee
    14 years ago

Wonderful addition to your beautiful room!

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    14 years ago

marti, I have seats for 5 in the room now and can bring in extra chairs from the kitchen as needed. The table has a leaf. We aren't big-dinner-party types so usually the biggest number of people at our table is 6. (That's all we had room for when we had the traditional dining table and chairs.) When we have more than that, we do an informal buffet and people eat scattered around the kitchen (which has kitchen table plus island and stools) and dining room.

I know it wouldn't work for everyone but for us, this is a much better use of the dining room space that sat empty 90% of the time.

• redbazel
    14 years ago

It looks adorable, sue!

Red

• awm03
    14 years ago

What a terrific room, sueb! I'd go in there with a book or magazine and never come out. Interesting floor lamp in the corner -- I like it. Beautiful wall color.

• jojogirl11
    14 years ago

That's very clever to combine library and dining room! I love the idea of using a sofa with a table, too. Very useful space- I need to think outside the box more. Glad you posted this!