Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maui9603

Dining Room finished and together

Here are the updated pics of the revere pewter dining room. I am very happy with it. I think I am going to paint the frames of the artwork on the wall. I also just added this area rug. The last piece is window treatments, ugh. I do not want a heavy treatment. I am thinking either panels with shades or panels with sheers. We get a lot of heat in this window when the sun rises. What do you think?

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (12)

• tuesday_2008
    11 years ago

Very nice! I didn't think I would like the Revere Pewter with your light beige tone wood, but I DO!

You are right - the gold frames need to go. Perhaps a pewter color with maybe streaks of silver through the paint. I also like the pink/plum vase - you might consider adding another piece or two of that color, perhaps in your hutch.

• funkyart
    11 years ago

Wow-- I didnt think I would like it with your light wood either, but I do! I actually love gray and gold together and given that your light fixture is gold, I'd suggest working the gray-gold angle.

Of course, I am one of those who mixes metals in my jewelry also. I have a pendant that I wear almost daily that is both yellow and white gold (also green gold) and bracelets that have both silver and gold. It works for me.. it may not for you but don't jump to change it too quickly. Sit with it a bit and see what you think.

• decordummy_gw
    11 years ago

I have been wanting to paint my LR Revere Pewter (I have brass sconces,gold frames, etc.). Your lovely DR has convinced me.

• luckygal
    11 years ago

Lovely! And grey is not my favorite color altho that looks very good with the other elements in the room.

If you are not sure you want to change the gold frames you might try Rub 'n Buff. It can be removed if you don't like it.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    11 years ago

Love the color!

• secondhalf
    11 years ago

Beautiful!! We just painted two rooms with Revere Pewter and we love it as well. It's incredibly versatile, as evidenced by the way it complements your light wood. What did you paint the adjoining rooms? it looks so different depending on the light...even moreso than most colors.

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

It's gorgeoous! Love your crown moulding and the ceiling medallion.

• Christie Santercangelo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much!! I appreciate all the advice that was given, you guys are the best! We painted the hallway and foyer/great room tavern taupe which is pretty dark but works well with the revere pewter and edgecomb gray living room. Oh! And I painted my office an eggplant color, chambord. Once the eggplant was suggested I couldn't get that color out of my head. It wasn't right for the dining room but love it in my office. Any thoughts on window treatments for the dining room?

• sumac
    11 years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE the rug!!!

• tinker_2006
    11 years ago

I really like it!! I also think it looks great with your beautiful rug!

• funkyart
    11 years ago

Angel, do you have photos of the tavern taupe? I was told my current house's interior is Tavern Taupe.. but the more I see pictures of the Revere Pewter, the more I wonder if I wasn't misled. I love color on my walls-- it goes from gray to green to tan in different light and it works with almost any color. It looks and sounds a lot like RP.

When I tried the tavern taupe in my new house, I was disappointed because it just wasnt the same.

• Christie Santercangelo
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! Funkyart, here are some pics of the tavern taupe. The first one shows the hallway in TT and the dining room in RP. The 2nd one is another shot of the foyer. LIghting does crazy things to this color. It really changes a lot throughout the day. cell phone pics so not the greatest quality.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}