Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My thrift store find!

Posted by geokid (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 14:57

I found these at a local antique/boutique store for $25 for the pair! 33inches tall vintage lamps. I love them! Now for the perfect shades...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My thrift store find!

Great find! So cool!

o

Great hunting!

Do take one of them with you when shade shopping. You may well find that you need to replace the harp with a taller one to accommodate a shade that will be graceful on those nice tall bases.

o

Thanks!

Does anyone know what type of shades these would have originally had? I'm assuming tall drumshades, but want to make sure.

This post was edited by geokid on Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 15:35

o

Great find! Those are stunning.

o

Are they marked? They look to me like Haeger pottery lamps from the 60s.

Chech out the eBay link, particularly the original lamp advertisements.

I think you're right about a drum shade.

Congratulations on your find.

Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: Haeger

o

And while you are at the shade shop....but a couple of nice finials for the top

Here is a link that might be useful: finials

o

My mom had those EXACT ones while I was growing up--but in orange. They had a long barrel shade, very thin trim detail on the bottom edge. The finials that are there are the original. I am 53 btw.

o

I think my neighbor has those lamps. She has square shades on them and they look great. Her furniture is boxy so the shades tie that in.

o

Oh how I wish I still had all our Haeger lamps after looking at the prices on ebay! We had both the lamp factory and pottery factory in our town. Woe is me.

BTW - Love the lamps. Tall cylinder shade or squatty cylinder.

o

Thanks everyone!I had no idea....I just really liked how they looked!

This store is full of nice vintage lamps.I wonder what other treasures are there?

Forgot to add, I'm the one that also bought that oak barrel table and chair set. They are being reupholstered now and I'll post pics when they are done. Along with my vintage Castiglioni Arco Lamp that I inherited from my mom (that she named George for reasons unknown to me), my basement is turning into quite the swanky pad. Haha!

Here is a link that might be useful: Oak Barrel thread

This post was edited by geokid on Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 22:36

o

Pretty colors! They will look terrific when they are fitted out with lampshades. :)

o

Love 'em! What a great find!

o

Beautiful!

o

hey we had those when i was a kid!
iirc they had barrell shaped shades in white.

o

Perfect, perfect, perfect!

o

Very nice : ) Haeger is right--I have only one in that colorset, and not as nice a shape as yours are. Love that shape. Your ideas for shades are right on. And are you seriously going to keep those and the *Arco* lamp in the *basement*, while some ugly stepsisters live upstairs? : )

o

Well, to be fair, our house is only a single story and the basement is actually where the bar and the family room are. We use the basement a lot.

I need to show this thread to my DH to prove to him that my taste is not as wild as he thinks it is. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here