Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geokid_gw

My thrift store find!

geokid
11 years ago

I found these at a local antique/boutique store for $25 for the pair! 33inches tall vintage lamps. I love them! Now for the perfect shades...

Comments (17)

• TheRedHouse
    11 years ago

Great find! So cool!

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

Great hunting!

Do take one of them with you when shade shopping. You may well find that you need to replace the harp with a taller one to accommodate a shade that will be graceful on those nice tall bases.

• geokid
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks!

Does anyone know what type of shades these would have originally had? I'm assuming tall drumshades, but want to make sure.

This post was edited by geokid on Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 15:35

• madeyna
    11 years ago

Great find! Those are stunning.

• deeinohio
    11 years ago

Are they marked? They look to me like Haeger pottery lamps from the 60s.

Chech out the eBay link, particularly the original lamp advertisements.

I think you're right about a drum shade.

Congratulations on your find.

Dee

Here is a link that might be useful: Haeger

• lindac
    11 years ago

And while you are at the shade shop....but a couple of nice finials for the top

Here is a link that might be useful: finials

• arcy_gw
    11 years ago

My mom had those EXACT ones while I was growing up--but in orange. They had a long barrel shade, very thin trim detail on the bottom edge. The finials that are there are the original. I am 53 btw.

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

I think my neighbor has those lamps. She has square shades on them and they look great. Her furniture is boxy so the shades tie that in.

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Oh how I wish I still had all our Haeger lamps after looking at the prices on ebay! We had both the lamp factory and pottery factory in our town. Woe is me.

BTW - Love the lamps. Tall cylinder shade or squatty cylinder.

• geokid
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone!I had no idea....I just really liked how they looked!

This store is full of nice vintage lamps.I wonder what other treasures are there?

Forgot to add, I'm the one that also bought that oak barrel table and chair set. They are being reupholstered now and I'll post pics when they are done. Along with my vintage Castiglioni Arco Lamp that I inherited from my mom (that she named George for reasons unknown to me), my basement is turning into quite the swanky pad. Haha!

Here is a link that might be useful: Oak Barrel thread

This post was edited by geokid on Wed, Nov 28, 12 at 22:36

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Pretty colors! They will look terrific when they are fitted out with lampshades. :)

• awm03
    11 years ago

Love 'em! What a great find!

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Beautiful!

• Susan
    11 years ago

hey we had those when i was a kid!
    iirc they had barrell shaped shades in white.

• ttodd
    11 years ago

Perfect, perfect, perfect!

• mahatmacat1
    11 years ago

Very nice : ) Haeger is right--I have only one in that colorset, and not as nice a shape as yours are. Love that shape. Your ideas for shades are right on. And are you seriously going to keep those and the *Arco* lamp in the *basement*, while some ugly stepsisters live upstairs? : )

• geokid
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, to be fair, our house is only a single story and the basement is actually where the bar and the family room are. We use the basement a lot.

I need to show this thread to my DH to prove to him that my taste is not as wild as he thinks it is. :-)