PB fur place mats

bbstx
9 years ago

All I can say is EWWWWWWW

{{!gwi}}

Comments (40)

• nanny2a
    9 years ago

How tacky. IâÂÂm sure thatâÂÂs the premier item on everyoneâÂÂs Christmas wish list......

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

are these better ? feather placemats from Gallery Z,
    they are to be used as a charger I think.

PB also have faux fur tree skirts.

• Lars
    9 years ago

So if you are serving reindeer meat, you have the antler as a napkin ring and the fur beneath the plate. I would expect to find reindeer hooves used as sabots for the dining chairs.

Mitch, those feather placemats look like hats.

What is PB? I thought it was peanut butter.

Lars

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Ewww is right. When did things shift from anti-fur to faux fur overload?

• violetwest
    9 years ago

I kind of like the faux fur trend for cozy things. Not for those! ick.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Forget tacky - How would you possibly keep them clean? Gross.

• bbstx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ICK on the feather things. I might use them as faux juju hats on the wall. The blog, Chinoiserie Chic, posted some red and green feather placemats one day this week. Gross!

Lars, I had to look up sabots! Thanks for increasing my vocabulary. Hilarious take on a whole-animal theme.

PB in this context = Pottery Barn

I'm not a fan of faux fur, but a tree skirt I could tolerate - not desire, but tolerate.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    9 years ago

When I saw those in the catalog weeks ago all I could think was Gross!

• jellytoast
    9 years ago

LOL, Lars.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Well, if your guests have too much to drink and pass out at the table, they'll have a soft place for their head to land.

What are they thinking?

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Good thinking, Oly! They could also double as napkins!

• Swentastic Swenson
    9 years ago

Even the way its draped limply over the edge of the table makes my stomach turn. Kinda Buffalo Bill-esque.

IT RUBS THE LOTION ON IT'S PLACEMATS OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN!

• emmarene9
    9 years ago

Probably inspired by the person who wipes his hands on the family dog.

• Jamie
    9 years ago

Well, I've had a cowhide thrown over the dining room table for a couple of months now. I just put the tablecloth over it when we eat, and then it serves as a pad.

It was an interesting look, but I'm ready for a change again already.

• User
    9 years ago

Oh my! I love faux fur, but not for a place mat.

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

Any place mat made of material that has folds/deep texture is OUT in my world. Feathers, fur, bark, forget it. When I see things like this I think the "designers" are trying to see just how STUPID the "trendy shopper" is!!

• monicakm_gw
    9 years ago

That's just utterly ridiculous! Someone has run out of ideas :o
    I have nothing against hides (have a four of them) but REALLY???

PB is Pottery Barn (and peanut butter) :)

• franksmom_2010
    9 years ago

Um...no. Not even for a rustic, woodland, lodge, manfest kind of dinner kitch. Not even.

The cats would LOVE a faux fur tree skirt.

Other decor and accessories in small doses, OK, but on the table, no.

• User
    9 years ago

Thanks, swentastic, for that visual right before bedtime----- that was actually the most chilling scene in the movie, IMO. Gross placemats!

• Kathie738 P
    9 years ago

OK, I'll be the freak..I can easily see the feathered placemats with my Mackenzie Childs courtly check and the fur I would do as a runner down the middle of the table with deer and other woodland creatures on it, very rustic. I guess I just like something a little unique.

• queen_gardener
    9 years ago

A fur runner is totally different from fur placemats . . . !!!
    I agree with all the ick votes!!! And on the feathers, too! Yeah, there's too much wild animal on that table with the antlers and fur, and I too think there should be reindeer hooves somewhere on that table . . . . I don't like how that placemat is dangling over the edge of the table the wrong way, while the ones next to it are the right way . . . I am wishing for a kid to come by and yank it down so I don't have to look at it anymore!

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    9 years ago

But if it matches the architectural style of your home, you really can't go wrong.

• bbstx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

mama_goose, you bring up an important design principle which the rest of us have missed! ;-)

• Mike121
    9 years ago

The first word that comes our on seeing this wonderful fluffy rug is "wow" Not sure about its material but if it is made from Eco-friendly pile then surely its the right one for your interiors.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Who is Mike?

Anyway, why stop at FAUX fur?

Alaskan mink placemats

This reminds me of when I was a kid, my grand parents used to serve rabbit. And being at a time of scarcity, the rabbit would be served with the head re-attached to proof that it wasn't cat. Never ate any of the bunny.

This post was edited by nosoccermom on Sat, Nov 15, 14 at 11:24

• bbstx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Love Hasepfeffer! But I think I prefer it without the "proof."

• User
    9 years ago

Gives new meaning to "There's a hair in my soup."

• stolenidentity
    9 years ago

Yes, how festive to have a fur place mat, rudolf's antler wrapped around the napkin, and then after the meal you can get comfy in this:

• bbstx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think that robe is lined in unsold placemats!

• stolenidentity
    9 years ago

LOL bbstx! I noticed that those placemats are already on sale when I popped over to PB for a look see. I wonder if they will soon be trying to give them away?!?

• bbstx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

sassy, as my aunt used to say, "they couldn't run fast enough to give me one of those things!"

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Faux fur placemats is just gross.

Swen and KSWL, I am lost as to the comment about the hose, please enlighten. That must be some movie!

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Sick crew. But funny. ;-)

• bbstx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Providence Design liked them.Really? Makes me rethink my opinion of Providence Design.

Here is a link that might be useful: Providence Design

• crazybusytoo
    9 years ago

lov, are you sure you didn't mean "there's a hare in my soup?" ;)

• texanjana
    9 years ago

Those place mats remind me of a rabbit fur jacket I had when I was a teen-that thing shed like crazy and I always got "hare" in my mouth or up my nose when I wore it. Yuck.

• bbstx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

tj, I had one of those too. And the same experience with "hare" everywhere. I had totally forgotten (or repressed) that jacket.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

am I the only one who doesn't hate those placemats? I love how Providence styled that table - I can vouch that the PB faux fur doesn't shed, I have the throws and pillows in my FR.

I got a faux fur tree skirt from RH and it's so easy to fluff and fold, instead of a flat rigid skirt.

• bbstx
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yep, mitch, I think you may be the only person in the known universe who has responded to this thread who likes those placemats. :-)

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

lol, bbstx, guilty as charged. But I needed to confess this fact.

I also buy stuff at RH once in a while. ( hanging head in shame)....