|I need to get some blinds installed in our house. We just took occupancy and are living with paper shades for now. I am regretting that we have such wide windows because all the window treatments are so difficult.
Here's my issue. I like the look of wood blinds (faux wood), but for my kids' rooms I'd really prefer the function of cellular shades. I really don't like cellular shades, but with those I can get cordless and all one piece. The wood blinds are too heavy to be in one piece, so most windows need to be split with two or three blinds on one header.
Will it look odd from the street if my upstairs windows have cellular shades and the main floor windows have wood blinds? Is this ok or is it a decorating faux pas? I really don't want cellular shades in my main floor rooms.
MORE ON GARDENWEB...
|Same dilemma here. My master will have white 2" blinds and I am considering pecan 2" blinds for my office. Both face the street. The designer told me lifestyles have changed since the "everything must match" era. Our windows are tinted, so it may not really matter too much. Plus, the blinds will be open most days and closed only in the evenings. |
Anyone else have any thoughts?
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here