Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Updating or staying the same

hilltop_gw
10 years ago

I'd really like to update my current dining table, chairs & hutch; it's time I either pull the trigger or drop the idea. Current set is in great condition -although dated. It's 66" but stretches to 102" and fits the area perfect. It has a laminate top which is in pretty good condition after 31+ years. The picture shows my current table and hutch and then below it the table and chairs (Adalina) that I'm considering or possibly just replacing the chairs with a Potterybarn Wynn ladderback chair (lower right). We don't have a Potterybarn anywhere close so I've never sat on one. I want something that's got less curlyque. Love the looks of brown maple. Everything in my house is oak - flooring, kitchen cabinets, woodwork. Would the Adalina look out of place? Anyone have a Wynn chair that can tell me how it sits? Color? Is there anyway to update the look of my current chairs and hutch and thus avoid spending the $5000+ a new dining set will run? .

I went to a used furniture store to look for chairs alone and only found one set of black Windsor chairs, but that's not really my style. Ironically I found lots of sets that look similar to mine. We don't see many dining sets on our craigslist.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional