Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying and Selling HGTV

Posted by denali_2007 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 14:32

Does anyone know where this show takes place. I know their show Property Bros is in Canada. To me it looks like someplace in TX maybe Austin. Every house they show looks like my son's house in Austin.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying and Selling HGTV

I just went and looked on the HGTV site, and the Brothers are casting for another show in LA right now. It is just a home improvement show, no mention of selling for buying.

But I have seen the show you are talking about and the people have Southern accents....of course they could be transplants.

o

They are showing shows now that were taped in Austin. It's their second season of Austin shows, I believe. This one and then an older one still under the "Property Brothers" title.

Did anyone see the one last night? They showed a fried rat that was entombed in the wall. Yuck.

o

Thanks,
I thought it was Austin. Even though I haven't been in My son's new home in Austin those houses they look at that are for sale look just like his. I did detect the accent. My son is a transplant too. Looks like some of the houses are in the Lake Travis area. Last year House Hunters did a house in his neighborhood.

o

Yes, I did see the one last night with the fried rat. That was gross.

o

The network that makes the show is in Canada and sells the program to HGTV. They typically film half their seasons in Canada (formerly Toronto, now filming in Vancouver) and the other half somewhere in the U.S. (formerly Austin, now signing up people for the "greater L.A. area" which will begin filming in the fall).

And yep, that fried rat was **gag**.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here