Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691163

What do you think of the recliner in the bedroom?

User
9 years ago

I'm probably trying too hard to find a place for this thing. I don't want to get rid of it, but there is no room in the family room either. I had it stuffed in a bedroom but it was a tight fit there.

I'm not sure I like it here, it looks crowded to me, but maybe that's because I was used to it the way it was. The bad thing about the chair in here is that it clashes with the color of the carpet I picked. That can change of course.

Before:

With chair (please excuse the mess, I didn't want to arrange it all if I was just going to move the chair out again)

Comments (9)

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Sorry, but no. Unless you truly appreciate having it there, and will use it often, I would say it's an eyesore.

I have a small club chair in my MB. I bring up my coffee and will drink it in that chair.

Can't tell, but is there a television across the room? Would that be a reason to have it there?

• jterrilynn
    9 years ago

Big.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

What about the other corner, on the other side of the windows?

I love that table you had there, though, so as long as you don't have to lose it, i.e.: can move it to the other side of the bed...

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

ellendi, I agree that it just doesn't work there, and no, it wouldn't be used often - at least as a chair. Yes, there's a tv opposite the bed, but that's not why I put it there. I just didn't have anywhere else to put it.

Tibbrix, the opposite corner is the door to the bathoom, so that wouldn't work either.

I bought the chair to put in the family room. When we bought the furniture for that room, we bought a leather sofa, loveseat and recliner, and another cloth recliner for dh. But dh's recliner was too big and the other recliner wasn't comfortable, so I went out and bought this one. It fits me just right. Sounds like Goldilocks doesn't it? lol

But then I wanted to move the game table to the family room, and that was the most logical chair to move out, since dh wouldn't part with his and the other 3 pieces match. I thought when we moved, I'd sell either the leather recliner with the loveseat or sofa. But plans for moving have fallen through.

I think I'll ask my dd if she wants the leather recliner and move this one back into the family room.

• amykath
    9 years ago

No. Your room looks so nice. The recliner detracts so much from that.

• sas95
    9 years ago

I agree. Very pretty room, but for the recliner.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I agree with the others, it looks much too big in your pretty room.

• franksmom_2010
    9 years ago

Trust your gut on this one. It's not a bad chair, but it's not working in that room. I like the bedroom in the "before" pics.