Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blushingrose22

Is there a way to create a poll on this site?

BlushingRose22
10 years ago

I am now debating on choosing either wedge wood gray or nantucket fog for the master bedroom. I have been struggling with choosing a color for weeks now. I feel like I like both colors for different reasons and now I feel stuck. I really thought i was going to go with wedge wood gray but then nantucket fog looks really nice too. I would like to put up a poll to get some help. Also if you have seen any of these two colors please let me know your thoughts. Happy thanksgiving to all!!

Comments (9)

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Can you paint large swatches in the room and post pictures? We'd be happy to vote:)

Also, this way you get to live with the colors and see them all through the day and night.

• liriodendron
    10 years ago

Polls are against the TOS.

And anyway without pictures of LARGE swatches (or big foam boards, which are better than painting on the wall) shown with your stuff and in the room, we can't really help.

The idea of choosing a paint color by votes of strangers,, sight unseen, on the basis of the name of a paint shade (even if some of us have chosen those colors for our own rooms - our stuff/our light) is a waste of everyone's time, And more to the point, it will tell you nothing useful about which color to select for your room..

Get some sample pots; paint some foam boards, hang them up in your room and take pics. Post 'em here and you almost certainly will get helpful comments. Looking at room pics and color samples is one of our favorite things to do here.

Liriodendron

• Vertise
    10 years ago

Why would using a poll be against TOS?

• liriodendron
    10 years ago

I have no idea why using a poll would be against the TOS, but it is. As I found out when I tried to do one years ago.

My guesses as to why: a) importing the coding architecture for a poll directly to the page might mess other things up or b) polls are often used by marketers for reasons that have nothing to do with soliciting opinions. And there is a no advertising policy, etc.

However, I think there's no harm in canvassing people for their opinions to be entered individually in replies ot comments. We do that all the time, don't we?.

But the OP was asking specifically about how to create a poll on this site, so i was responding to that issue.

And I added my recommendations on how to get meaningful responses to queries about which color to use in her room. Just asking which color is better without showing the colors, or the prospective room and furnishings is not an effective way to do that.

L.

L.

• BlushingRose22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

oldbat2be- Thank you! I bought a poster board and painted it with both colors. I seem to be leaning towards the wedge wood gray since the nantucket fog is a bit too dark once it started drying. I will make sure tomorrow morning. I wanted to post the pics i took with my phone but for some reason the pics are making both colors look much more bright than they are in person. Don't want to post so you guys don't get confused and this the colors are accurate.

liriodendron - I am not sure what a TOS is....but thank you for letting me know we cannot post polls. We are not living in the house yet. Therefore we don't have furniture....just an empty room. My intention is not to waste anyone's time but those who feel that way don't have to make a comment. I was asking about the opinions of those who have used the color.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Wedgewood gray
    {{!gwi}}

Nantucket fog
    {{!gwi}}

Both are nice colors, but nothing I would want to wake up to....just the feeling those colors evoke in me. I would lean toward the blue rather than the green, but neither would be my choice.

To me, however, the more important question for you to answer is, what are you doing with the fabrics and accessories? Have you selected your bedding and window treatments? If you are going with white or off white, then it won't matter. But if you are going to add some print and pattern or even art and accessories, those may help steer you toward one color or the other.

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

I don't comment on colors. But do know there are many here who have paint colors down to a science and can steer you in the right direction. Even if the colors show different from true, they are able to give great input. A photo with surroundings incorporating the boards also brings more discussion.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Here is Nantucket Fog in our home office. BTW, I have Stonington Gray picked out for the MBR. Maybe I will actually get to paint over Christmas break.

• BlushingRose22
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@ AnnieDeighnaugh- Thank you. I am thinking about doing ivory/cremes and maybe add some gold in there some how. I just want the bedroom to have a soft feel to is. Someone told me i should do red (supposedly it is a good color for married couples) but I feel red will make our room seem smaller. I also wanted to add an accent color but I wouldn't know what color would go well with it.

@ technicolor - We aren't living there yet so there is nothing in the house yet. i wish we were living there already :-)

@ gsciencechick- Wow see! lighting makes a huge of a difference. I love it in your room. Looks so much lighter than it did when I painted nantucket on a white poster board. At our house the nantucket dried up really dark and at times i see it makes me feel more serious.