Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

My dining/library window treatments

Sueb20
9 years ago

Maybe I should just find a new name for this room. Maybe call it a Sitting Room? a Reading Room?

Anyway, just wanted to follow up with pics of the final finishing touches -- the window treatments were hung yesterday and I am so happy with my simple roman shades! This is my favorite room in the house at the moment.

Sorry, will be posting several separate pics.

Comments (24)

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

From another angle.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And another. She has to come back and adjust the shade on the left.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

I just love that look. What a pretty room.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And a close-up of the fabric.

• nini804
    9 years ago

Just beautiful!! Adore your table, also!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

They're wonderful! You have such nice taste.
    FYI: I'd call it "The salon." Somewhat tongue-in-cheek, somewhat seriously!

• amykath
    9 years ago

Perfection!!!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

I really like it. It has two of my favorite qualities in a room. One, it is different, offbeat. Two, it looks like it would be very comfortable and pleasant for the uses you've described.

Just in time for holiday entertaining,too.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, I'm not entertaining anyone but myself here. We do host Christmas but it's always casual with people who come and go at different times, so we generally just have snacks and appetizers throughout the day and everyone is in the kitchen/family room. Maybe I'll put the drinks in here, though, just to show off.

Here is another new addition, totally unrelated. DH suggested that we get a sheepskin for the dogs, who spend most of their lives in front of the fireplace in the winter. They seem to like it.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

What a nice comfortable room. The dogs, who match the room, are obviously happy with it as well.

• User
    9 years ago

Love that fabric and how it pulls together with the blue gray walls!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Sue, what is the material, and did you have them made?

• atmoscat
    9 years ago

Your room looks wonderful. Gorgeous fabric! Do you know the maker/name?

• bac717
    9 years ago

I love EVERYTHING you've done with your sitting/reading room. Will you now please come to my house and work your magic here?? Pretty please.

• User
    9 years ago

It really looks wonderful. I really love the look of your home.

Doggies are cute too. :)

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, thank you!

I bought the fabric at the same time I bought several others, but I'm pretty sure it came from Joann Fabrics. Yes, I had the shades made by a local woman who has done several jobs for me.

Bac, I'll be right over :)

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    9 years ago

Aaah, lovely. The shades are just perfect. I have always loved your table with that loveseat. I think that would be where I would have my tea with the paper every morning. Might even skip the paper and simply sit back and enjoy the space!

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    9 years ago

Gorgeous room! Love it all. Doggies are perfect! And you should definitely serve the holiday drinks in there. Isn't this the room with the fabulous bar cabinet? Perfect time to use it. Congratulations on your new look!

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

What a calm, cozy room.....I almost want to curl up with the doggies!

• jlc712
    9 years ago

Perfect! I love your light fixture, rug, paint color, and furniture. Nice work. Where did the furry footstool go??

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think I confused matters by throwing in the random dog pic. The fireplace (and dogs) are in the living room. And the furry footstool also resides in the living room!

• Rudebekia
    9 years ago

Still in search of the perfect blue/grey. What is your color please? It is lovely.

• User
    9 years ago

So nice, I really like your style! And the dogs with the sheepskin are so cute and cozy looking.

• Sueb20
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Marita, it's BM Stonybrook.

Athome, thanks!