Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

Help me locate this rug?

DLM2000-GW
12 years ago

Hoping one of you super-sleuth-searchers (gotta love a good alliteration!) can help me find another source for this rug. Found it in a Grandin Road catalog and need the runner size but it won't ship until 1/10/2012. Plus, the reviews I've read of Grandin Road aren't terrific so maybe another store would be a better bet. I tried looking at runners randomly from other sites but can't come up with it. Any ideas?

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Indoor Area Rug

Comments (12)

• Olychick
    12 years ago

here you go. the name is shown BBB doesn't carry it any more, but maybe the other sources?

Here is a link that might be useful: rug

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Boy, you're good! How'd you do that oly? Thank you!

Seems it's out of stock everywhere so I'm just going to look on and see if I can find something else that will work. Love that look for a small hallway but it's not meant to be.

• Olychick
    12 years ago

Omigosh, it's here! Check this out.

i originally found the name of it (which then made the search easy) by doing a google image search that someone here instructed once. If you get the url for the image and go to google images, click on the little camera and it will tell you to paste the url or download an image. When you do, it searches for matching images. Magic!

Here is a link that might be useful: rug

• Arapaho-Rd
    12 years ago

dlm, fun rug to brighten any space!

oly, great job finding that rug~ can you explain how you get the URL for the image?

• Olychick
    12 years ago

Arapaho, from a picture on a webpage, right click on it. Select "copy image location". That will be the url. you can also save a picture to your computer and then select "upload an image"...the browse button will appear and then select the location of the picture on your computer. Hit search and it will find similar or matching images.

Let me know if this isn't clear.

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well that figures - I just learned that trick, too, but obviously forgot just as fast!

Those colors look SO different than the Grandin Road image. Now I don't know if this will work. GR's looks to have deep red and green, the Payless one seems more brown and blue which won't work for me.

• Olychick
    12 years ago

I think it is their website because every other image of the black rug with the same product # looks the same (as each other, but not like this image). The sale looks great; maybe you could send for the tiniest one to check the colors. It wouldn't be too expensive to send that one back.

• busybee3
    12 years ago

it does look like the exact same rug and the payless website has free shipping!... the 1 review on grandinroad says colors are more vibrant than in pic, so that's an indicator that it's not very 'brown'(...but if you don't want blue, it does have alittle blue in the flowers)
    olychick, thanks for the tip!

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

After going through as many trials ofarea rugs as I did wedding dresses, I speak from experience you really have to see it in your home. So, I would order it, even if you have to do the return shipping.

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well I took a leap of faith and ordered it - thanks so much for the searches, oly. It's going to be placed in a hallway between my kitchen and dining room so I want the rug colors to transition well between those spaces but they don't need to match anything that's close by. Fingers crossed but I have a hunch it will work out just fine. :-)

• futuremrsr
    12 years ago

Olychick....I love learning new things on internet searches. Thanks so much for the above tip. Just tried it and it worked! What a great way to try to find an image. Very much appreciated.

• Olychick
    12 years ago

Some lovely person here should get the credit for teaching how to do image searches, but I don't recall who it was. So I am quite happy to be able to pass it on. It has helped me quite a few times.