Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

Once more with feeling dining room curtain choices

Jamie
10 years ago

Which?
I love these burnout "velvet" sheers, they seem so lush without being too attention-demanding. But am I being romantic? Sometimes, in person, this kind of stuff looks like cheap lingerie that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.
Really like 'em, though.

BURNOUT

These are real cotton organdy. I always feel safe with non-synthetics. The embroidery is probably poly or nylon.
ORGANDY

RH tonal stripe sheer linen is on sale.
TONAL STRIPE

The fabrication of these is my favorite, and if the design worked this would be my #1 choice. But I'm thinking the scroll is too venetian-2013-typee and possibly too large a scale for my colonial.
DIANAUSTINFLORENTINE

I love sunflowers. Are these too un-polished/unrefined?
LINEN SUNFLOWERS

THE ROOM

Comments (13)

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

My advice is GET WHAT MAKES YOU SMILE!

Sorry for shouting, but I really believe this. Most of the time I overthink things, and when I get what I really love- it works. Then you'll love it and not just like it. :)

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I totally agree with Anele. I like all of your choices but the sunflowers are my favorite!

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

I agree, go with what will make you smile when you walk in the room. That said, where can I get #2? ;)

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

I think #2 or #3 would be lovely in your room.
    (Can you possibly take a picture at night when the light from outside the windows doesn't totally obscure the room. I know it'll change the way the colors read in the room, but the room will be visible.)
    Anyway, I love #4 the best, have seen that fabric IRL and it's gorgeous, but I agree it's likely too big in scale for your room.
    The sunflowers are really pretty, but lots more casual. So it just depends, how casual do you want your room to be? If the answer is yes, very casual, then go for it!
    oh, unless #1 is a silk velvet burnout and costs an unholy fortune, then yup, it's likely to resemble bad lingerie!

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

Here are the second ones, called 'Graceful Sheers' on sale at Neiman Marcus linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Graceful Sheer Curtains

• artydecor
    10 years ago

Number #2, the Graceful Sheers, are also on sale on Horchow. Love 'em! That's what I'd pick.

• blfenton
    10 years ago

I like the Organdy for a more traditional, formal room. I love the top of them and how they drape right into the pattern.

If it's a more casual room and you can make them work with the rest of your accessories in the room, and the adjoining room, and the outside, I would consider the sunflowers.

• Jamie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, so much was the same between Horchow and Neiman I thought they had the same website.

Thanks for your advice. The graceful sheers probably represent "good taste", and sometimes I do well to step slightly outside of good taste, as with the burnout ones. But I probably would hate the cheapness of them. albeit they don't really cost any less than any of the others. Too bad, because they have more of a winter feel to me, and I'm looking to cozy things up in there.

Here's the room with sunset approaching. by this time you have to use artificial light in there.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

I like all of them except the RH striped ones...they look boring. If you're going for a casual look..the sunflowers...the others are a little more formal...they are all nice though!

• nanny2a
    10 years ago

I personally love the second set from Nieman Marcus, those make my heart sing!

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Love, love the sunflowers. Where did you find them?

• Jamie
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The sunflowers and the burnouts are both from the same ebay seller, silkndrapes. Seller is also on Etsy and Amazon.

I ordered the graceful. The pattern echoes the barley twist of the cabinet, too.

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

Let us see when they are up! Very pretty. Also, what is your wall color? It's lovely!