Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Help! Is this too over the top?

Holly- Kay
10 years ago

I need to replace lamps in my living room. While looking at lamps I really fell for this one. WDYT?

Here is a link that might be useful: love this

Comments (16)

• Bunny
    10 years ago

I love it. I'd love it even more if the handles on the side had big cat heads. I'm not kidding.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Nice!

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

Love it! But I mentioned on here a couple of days ago that I am a sucker for an animal print. And, no, I am not a Real Housewife of New Jersey!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Linelle and Annie, thank you. I really liked it but wondered if I was not thinking it through but since you both responded positively I ordered it. I was thrilled with the price!

Linelle, that would be so awesome if there were lion heads on the urn handles. Our bed has lion heads carved into the legs and that is what sold me on it. I always use a coverlet so you can see the beautiful carving.

• violetwest
    10 years ago

I like it! post pic when you get it if you can.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Kellie, I really like it!

I will definitely post pics when it comes in Violet.

• Oakley
    10 years ago

Not at all over the top! Lucky you for finding it!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

I think almost any space can do with a little bit of animal print. But then you are talking to the Antelope-r

• Bunny
    10 years ago

Yay! You ordered it!! I have a leopard print throw on the back of my love seat, primarily because it's a cat perch and it's easier to deal with cat hair that way. I'm a sucker for anything cat-related. I wish I had the kind of house where I could stick a couple of large, stone reclining lions at the entrance (public library-ish) without the neighborhood erupting in gales of laughter. Wait, let 'em laugh.

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lol! Linelle you crack me up. Honestly I love animal prints. I have some animal print pillows temporarily on our sofa. I am going to use the smaller rectangular one on my Jess Charles piece and probably use at least one of the square ones elsewhere in the room.

Mtn if you like animal prints along with Linelle and Annie I consider myself in good company. I do LOVE your antelope print carpet. It is beautiful!

Oakley I made a list of lamps last week that I really liked and the animal print was one of them. That one was the only one that stuck in my head so I googled it and voila, I found it on sale for almost seventy dollars less. I was thrilled.

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

You found a Wildwood! I'm so happy that you liked their lamps-I am a huge fan. Yay!!

• Holly- Kay
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes! I love their lamps also. I was so obsessed with finding table lamps that I never bothered to look at their floor lamps. I do think I will go with the Charlotte when I buy a floor lamp. I fell in love with their flying swan model. It is discontinued. I did find it at another site but holy cow the price was way more than I wanted to pay for it. I also have to decide on at least one more table lamp before I move onto deciding on a floor lamp.

• natureperson
    10 years ago

That is a great lamp! I always love a fun animal print thrown in here and there. Can't wait to see it once you get it in its new home.

• romy718
    10 years ago

Great lamp, great find! Definitely not over the top. Good for you for going ahead & ordering it. I could definiely find a place for that lamp in my home.

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Oh, I would never shy away from a little animal print! When you wrote, "and I fell for it" that was all the reason you need.

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

Cool! I purchased two leopard print slipper chairs for my greatroom 5 years ago and have never been sorry. Go for it girl!!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?