Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurmela

Interior French Doors

laurmela
15 years ago

I am down to just one room left to redo, the office/sewing room. It is at the top of the stairs and has double doors. This is the hardware I would like to use

Thanks to Prettykitty1971 on the kitchen forum for this great idea. Her kitchen is to die for!

Anyway I am trying to find some nice french doors that would work. I wanted to use doors with glass to maximize the light in the room. The hardware for my door is going to cost around $700 and I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for the doors. I really love the beveled glass doors, but I am beginning to think they are out of my price range.

Does anyone have any suggestions for glass french doors?

I really want to get this room finished by Thanksgiving, at least as much as I can!

Thanks,

Laura

Comments (6)

• linley1
    15 years ago

I would start with Habitat for Humanity or other architectural salvage stores as they often have used or antique French Doors available. Of course, Craigslist and eBay are good sources as well.

• laurmela
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Linley,

That is just what I did! After reading Zipdee's post about her door and going to Habitat, I set off in search of treasures. And I found them! 2 3 panel frosted glass 24" doors. I am waiting for DH to get home so we can go pick them up! They are $120 for the pair! Just need to be primed and painted!

Thanks for the good vibes!

I'll post a pic when we get back.

Laura

• lynninnewmexico
    15 years ago

Oh goody, I can't wait to see them! BTW, that hardware is wonderful! Did you have to go down to their warehouse yourself or do they have a website that lists what they have?
    Lynn

• laurmela
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lynn,

They have a website www.barndoorhardware.com! They actually are not that far from me, so if the shipping is too much, I may have to take a couple of hours and go pick it up!

Here are the doors I found.

and here is the doorway they will go into

I talked to my contractor and he said all we need to do is a little sanding and priming and then he will spray them. I will order the hardware tomorrow. He is going to begin installing the flooring tomorrow as well. It is the same flooring we put in the hallway upstairs and I love it!

So excited to get this room done!

L

• zipdee
    15 years ago

Laura, wonderful find! I can't wait to see them hung now. Your inspiration picture is fantastic.

• laurmela
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Zip, you were my inspiration to go to Habitat!

I really wanted leaded glass but realized that with the price of the hardware that I had to have, the price of the doors had to be reasonable! Ordered the hardware this morning, hopefully will be in next week. Doors have been sanded, just need to do a little caulking around the glass, then they will get sprayed glossy white. Now I just have to decide on knobs or something of that nature.

Floor being installed today in the office so I am getting there!

Laura