Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
outsideplaying_gw

Master Bath Reno, paint and light fixtures

outsideplaying_gw
10 years ago

We are renovating our master bath. Not really changing the footprint except to demo the corner whirlpool and replace with a rectangular soaking tub under an existing window. I've attached the choices for cabs, floor tile, tile around the tub and in shower and accent tile. The accent tile turned into the 'design around' feature in a way. And it will only be in the shower and incorporated in the tub backsplash.

I'm on a paint search today. I looked thru my sample stash the past couple of days and came up with 2 possibilities - BM Litchfield Grey and Edgecomb Grey. Am leaning toward the first right now as it is a bit deeper. They both appear whiter in the photos. As we all know, photos don't always show colors very true in all cases. I made these this morning in the bathroom. It is already under demo. Any other recommendations for paint that are slightly deeper? I will obviously paint some samples before choosing.

I am also having difficulty with light fixtures. Who woulda thought. Am going with chrome...Delta Vero line for the sinks which is a bit modern and clean lines. Cabs will be mission style in espresso. Granite is Santa Cecelia. I have been to 2 local lighting specialty stores and searched on- line for the past couple of days. The current thread on favorite light fixtures has also been helpful. I am getting there, but prices seem to be at either one end or the other of the price range, really tearing me in different directions.

Thanks for reading to the end. I trust you guys here to help!

Comments (6)

• outsideplaying_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is a better photo of the glass tile with the Litchfield grey paint sample. I could have it darkened I suppose. The pale gold color has a bit of irridescence around the edges.

• chibimimi
    10 years ago

These are the sconces we just used in our bathroom remodel -- would they work for you?

The photo is dramatic, but poor from a product-showing standpoint. They should have been shown in 3/4 profile. They are actually a backplate with a square frosted-glass shade standing proud of it, not a glass plate recessed into it ... short of a streamlined version of this one:
    http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1418040&categoryId=cat1701019

Here is a link that might be useful: Restoration Avia sconce

• outsideplaying_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Chibimimi. I love that sconce, bit it may be a bit too minimalist for us. I did go back to the lighting store yesterday and found a chandy with some bling. Hadn't noticed before. Guess I was a bit overwhelmed on the first visit, kwim? And I wasn't really sold on the idea of adding bling in the mix. I also chose a couple of other paint samples, BM Big Bend Beige and Annapolis Gray for consideration. Getting there. Here is the chandy. Sorry I don't know how to post more than one pic from my iPad and I am too lazy to use my photobucket.

I also now a bit torn on whether to use a mix of knobs and pulls on the cabs or just all pulls. I found some gorgeous mission style pulls on Rejuvenation hardware yesterday and they are on sale. I need 14. Thoughts anyone?

• outsideplaying_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thinking about these Murray Feiss lights above the sinks. Any opinions?

• chibimimi
    10 years ago

Do you have enough height for the chandelier? How high are your ceilings? Is that a fabric shade, which could be a problem in a moist bathroom environment? Other than those considerations, I love the fixture and the sconces!

If you're going for a cleaner look, have either all pulls or all knobs on the cabinet. We have used Rejuvenation products several times and the quality is excellent. Is the cabinet pre-drilled for hardware?

• outsideplaying_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, we have 9 ft ceilings. It is 17 inches without the chain. Our current fixture hangs about 13.5 and there is plenty of clearance to hang lower. The fabric was a little concern to me too, but our shower and toilet are in a separate area with a separate exhaust. We have had no discernible moisture problems in the sink area in the time we have been here.

Thanks for the info about Rejuvenation. I had picked a really plain tubular pull and mushroom knob. They haven't even been constructed yet (or maybe just started). If I order the pulls tomorrow and let him know, believe all will be ok.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!