Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for (Discontinued?) Waverly

Posted by suzieque (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 24, 07 at 12:33

Hi - In my previous home I had some Waverly valances. I've been trying to find the perfect curtains for my current home (Ok, I've been here 7 years! - Call me challenged!), and just by chance happened to be going thru a box in my basement and came upon my old Waverly. They're absolutely perfect!

But - I don't have enough. I've got 4 long valances but more windows in this home. If I could find the curtains to match, plus another valance, I'd be ecstatic. The only reference on the valances is R/N 50774. I've searched the web (including Waverly site) and can't find them.

These are a cream colored background and a flower pattern, pale mauve roses, I think, with sage/beige stems. Kind of antique-looking.

Do any of you know of a site or source for discontinued Waverly patterns?

I hope I hope I hope! :-)

Suzieque

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for (Discontinued?) Waverly

Hi Suzique,

Sounds like you are describing Ambridge Rose by Waverly. I have it all over my guest bedroom on custom window treatments, bed canopy, duvet, etc. I found the yardage I needed on ebay but have since learned (on this site) the seller now has a website:

www.fabricguru.com

Maybe you'll be able to find it there. But as for ready made discontinued items I don't have any sources.

Good luck.

o

Big Lots carries discontinued Waverly in their stores I have purchased some valances from them in the past. Hit or miss though, and check often.. also ebay sellers!

o
RE Looking for (Discontinued?) Waverly

Wow - it's VERY close to Ambridge Rose. But that's not it. I'll try to get a picture to post. Thanks to both of you for your responses!

Suzieque

o

How about Norfolk Rose?

Here is a link that might be useful: Norfolk rose

o

Keep in mind because of age and dye lot variations that even if you find them, the color may be different. If you are using them in several rooms so that they wouldn't be together, that would of course be fine.

You might also think about looking for a companion fabric (stripes, plaid) that you could pair with the existing valances in some way to make the whole thing work.

Also, don't forget to check e-bay or craigs list as well.

o

How are you doing with this, did you ever get a picture?

It almost sounds like what I have in my bathroom, bought it from either Bed Bath Beyond or Linens & things about 5 years ago. When I got it, it was on the "outs"

Not sure if I can get a picture today & I won't be around for the next week. I'll send myself the link to your post so that I remember to check it.

o

Do you know how long it has been discontinued? There is a wavery outlet in Boaz, AL that sometimes has bolts of discontinued fabric. I think it's called Interior Alternative ((256) 593-8887). You'd have to know the pattern name though. And, as Les said, be aware that the colors may look a little different. Good luck!

o

caroloh, I get an error message when trying to open your link. However, Norfolk Rose sounds familiar.

I've not yet gotten a picture; my batteries for my camera are charging! :-)

Good point about dyelots and also time-effects, fading, etc. I think that the windows may be far enough apart to disguise any problem, but will keep an eye on it if I'm fortunate enough to find them.

I'm not positive that it's discontinued - I'm just assuming it is because I can't find it on any site that has Waverly. But if I can confirm the name, I'll definitely call Interior Alternative!

Thanks all!

o

Try heading to Ebay and typing in Waverly floral. Maybe you will find it. Here's one I found.

Here is a link that might be useful: Waverly at Ebay

o

I have shopped at B. Wilk and Sons on 4th Street in Philadelphia for thirty years. They buy all discontinued fabrics and have lots of Waverly. Email either Michele or Billy at info@bwilkfabrics.com. If you can take a digital picture and send it to them that's the best because they have a huge selection and would only recognize it by sight not the name.Tell them hello from St. John.Their toll free number is 800-442-2188.

o

I looked up Norfolk Rose, it looks red to me.

I did manage to get a picture of my shower curtain, link is below

Here is a link that might be useful: Shower curtain

o

http://www.decorate-waverly.com/Search_Product.Asp?intCategory=16&strstyle=0&strpattern=i_pattern%3D2&strColor=0&strAddColor=0&strCollection=0&intCategory2=16&c_id=&strDesc=&iLevel=6

If you use this search and just put in fabric and large floral many rose patterns come up-

o

Suzie - There are 2 similar Waverly prints (this Norfolk Rose) and the same pattern just a slightly different color. Can't think of the name right now. I had good luck with finding Waverly by going to Ebay. I had bought a bunch of their panels etc from Target and when we moved to another house, you guessed it, I needed more. I had saved the package and was able to get more thru them. If you don't know the name of the pattern, maybe you could contact someone AT Waverly and send them a picture of it. I'm sure someone knows in their archive of patterns, the name of it. That will help but really, try Ebay. I was also able to find another Waverly pattern thru them that way. Good luck!! Waverly has a website and probably a contact # or something.

o

I'M LOOKING FOR A WINDOW TREATMENT I HAVE THAT ONLY HAS THE NAME WAVERLY ON THE LABEL WITHRN#50774 CAN YOU HELP ME. IT IS LIKE A SAGE BACKGROUND WITH CABAGE ROSE ON IT. IT IS LINE AND HAS FRINGE AROUND THE BOTTOM OF THE VALANCE

o

Try this (we have the same valance as you # 50774):

http://www.home-decorating-co.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=THDC&Product_Code=somerset_botanical_antique_gold_668792&Product_Count=&Category_Code=

Good luck!

o
gbc@frontiernet.net

Anyone had any luck identifying this pattern # 50774?
It's not Norfolk rose, can't find it anywhere.
Thanks.

o

Gloria - I can Identify it as a gift i got from my mom for our master bedroom (never used it, not our style)... It is a light blue color with a bunch of roses redish roses on it and the occasional butterfly... the curtains have a valance with an almost potatoe sack weave of a blue/green/tan pattern of small rectangles. The Spread has a light colored Cord trimmed around it... the Shams are Green, Light Blue with a green, tan, red, dark red run to stand out.... to match your issue ... there is only Waverly 50774 on mine too.

I will send a picture to your email....

o

TO BRINY;
SOUNDS LIKE YOUR LOOKING FOR 1 OF 2 VALANCES, 1) ROMANTICA, SAGE. THE VALANCE HANGS IN MULTI LOOPS (THE NAME IS YORK STYLE) OR 2) FOREVER YOURS SAGE. BECAREFUL THEY LOOK A LOT A LIKE....GREEN BACK ROUNDS WITH PINK MED TO LARGE FLOWERS. HOPE THAT HELPS YOU.

o

I am looking for some Waverly tab curtains that I bought from Target in about 2002.
It simply says Garden Room on the back and the rn number of 105021.
It has an antique ivory background with cranberry colored roses, dark green leaves, some gold tiny branches and some round cranberry colored balls which could be the shape/size of grapes.
I need 6 panels. The Waverly outlet store in Dallas has closed and no one locally can tell me anything about this design.
Please help.
Thanks
Myra

o

I am looking for waverly boca botanical dune pillow shams---where should i look?

o

Hello:
I have some curtains and I need to buy enough fabric for a bedskirt. I showed it to a saleswoman in a decorating store and she said that it was Waverly Yarborough Spring. But I can not find that fabric listed anywhere. The fabric has a rough texture..almost a cross between bark and linen. It is a sage green background with large floral groupings of burgundy and pink roses, blue hyrdrangea, a peach colored flower that looks like an aster..a large white flower that could be a magnolia or an antique rose...other blue flowers that look a little like larkspur...leaves and stems...I have been looking for this fabric for over 2 years. Would a picture help?

o

I too have Waverly curtains I am trying to find more of. They are also #RN50774. They have green writing (different language) on them with single red roses and long stems on them. They are a yellowish/ivory in color. I found these at Big Lots and have not been able to find any more. They looks similar to this pattern, but not exactly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Waverly Rose curtain

o

I am looking for what may be a discontinued color of the Waverly Courtyard Print. I need to see if I can find a number for it. Does anyone have any of this fabric left over or know of a store that is still carrying it in navy/royal blue. I have attached a link to the pattern in black.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pattern In Black

o

I'm looking for a valance my mother bought at JC Penney.The only number is Rn 105021.We thought it was the Chianti Antique gold,but found out that is not the same.I have been googling everything I can think of to find these for her because she wants more.Does anyone have a clue to what this pattern is???

o

Does anyone know the names of the companion fabrics for Waverly Romantica. I made some drapes a couple of years ago. Now I'm in a new old house, and I want to use the drapes in the sage bathroom. I would like to make or buy a shower curtain in a coordinating Waverly fabric, but don't know the names of any the fabrics. I've tried everything on the internet I can think of. Any ideas?

o

I am also looking for Waverly Valance #RN50774. It is a barn red and cream check back layer with a semi-shear panel on front which has embroidered Roosters on it.

o

I think what you are looking for is Viuex Carre Champagne Fairfield Valance by Waverly. I just got some of these from a family member.

o

Suzie, I have curtains made from a Waverly fabric with a small rose pattern that sounds like what you described. The fabric is a companion print of the Norfolk Rose pattern, but Norfolk Rose has much larger roses. There is also a companion fabric that is large red plaid on an off-white background.

My curtains were given to me by a neighbor years ago but I needed to lengthen them by about a foot. I found the fabric at an outlet store, but couldn’t use it because the dye lot was different and it would have been very noticeable if I added a section to the existing curtains. Maybe it wouldn’t be that noticeable if you use a fabric with a different dye lot on another window that's farther apart.

To extend the length of my curtains I ended up buying some of the companion plaid and added it to the top so that it flips over and looks like a valance. I saw the fabric with the larger rose (Norfolk) at a JoAnne’s Fabrics (I think it was) just a couple weeks ago and they may have had the companion prints as well. If I'm over near there again, I will check. I purchased mine years ago at a Waverly outlet that has since closed down (Interior Alternatives).

Good luck finding what you’re looking for.

o

Anyone knows where I can find ~ 12 yards of Waverly Henry Ford Museum collection? I think the number is 655381.

o

I am looking for Waverly "Forever Yours" Sage fabric which I believe is discontinued. I have found 10 yards online with one seller but I need at least 13. Anyone know of any possibilities?

o

I have several yards of Wavery Romanica on Crimson background, if someone is still looking. Planned on making drapes but my husband didn't like the fabric........thought long and hard about which one to get rid of!!

Thank you

kathy

o

I have several yards of Wavery Romanica on Crimson background, if someone is still looking. Planned on making drapes but my husband didn't like the fabric........thought long and hard about which one to get rid of!!

Thank you

kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here