Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Have any of you been to the sample sale at Dallas Market Hall?

TxMarti
10 years ago

Is it worth going to?

Comments (13)

• kitchendetective
    10 years ago

Never heard of it, but I would love to know more.

• finallyhome
    10 years ago

When is the next sale?

• finallyhome
    10 years ago

Nevermind - found it. I will be there tomorrow when the doors open. Looking for lots of furniture.

• maggiepie11
    10 years ago

any more info about the sample sale?

what type of stuff and are we talking about big sales? or just overpriced stuff disguised as a sale? :)

• kitchendetective
    10 years ago

Here is a link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dallas Market

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    10 years ago

On the news, they said they have jewelry, décor items and even furniture, and all very inexpensive. But I've been to events at Market Hall and the parking is a pain. Looking at the website, it looks like this will be worse than a lot of shows we've been to there if they have to shuttle from other places. I just wondered what their definition of inexpensive is and if it's worth the parking hassle.

Are you going alone finallyhome? I was going to ask mil if she wanted to go but I don't think she could handle much walking.

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

Marti8a - equally as important as how far she can walk is how much can she carry :) Hope it's a good sale, let us know with what you end up!

• kitchendetective
    10 years ago

Any follow up?

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I didn't go. I was hoping finallyhome would give a review.

• finallyhome
    10 years ago

Yes I went. I got there approximately 15 minutes before the doors were open and there was a crowd of about 200 people waiting. For me, my interest was furniture. Most of the items were clothing, jewelry and knick knacks.

The items being sold were DEFINITELY NOT high end items. No way, no how. Truthly, I came away with a feeling of deceptive advertising to get you in the door. It had a feeling of a flea market to me.

But, the people that were there came with rolling baskets and carts in preparation of buying lots of items. I will admit there were some good stocking stuffer items to be had.

I got some good exercise for about 2 hours. So not a total waste.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    10 years ago

How disappointing. From the segment I saw on tv, it sounded like it would be high end.

• bergiesgirl
    10 years ago

Well thank you for the follow-up, I couldn't make it so it's good to get first hand feedback.

• TXBluebonnet11
    10 years ago

I've been in the past and I agree with Finally Home. They were not high end items. Overall pretty disappointing, but I was there anyways, so it wasn't a huge loss. I think I left completely empty handed. It's not worth the effort in my opinion.