Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellienoelle

Family Room - take 189

kellienoelle
10 years ago

Hello, me again with another "vision" for the family room. I am 99% decided on the sofa, the BY Wykeham sofa. The color isn't exact but it is pretty darn close. We'll be getting a sofa and loveseat. The rug is existing and it has been a bit of a struggle decorating around it. The chair (Room and Board Sanna) is a newer addition because I like the wood frame, but its a bit MCM, so perhaps doesn't exactly fit the style of the room and house. I'd like to make it work if possible though, so please tell me if I am completely off. Painting and fan are existing. Ottoman was just an OB option that I haven't shopped yet. Not entirely sure if I will be doing an ottoman or coffee table, or combo of both (coffee table with ottomans under). There are three windows that I'll have panels made for with the intention of tying in the colors. the fabric on here was a blue/brown stripe on OB. Love to have more ideas. The paint is currently Behr Raffia Cream, but could easily be changed. Our wood floors are probably a little bit deeper and warmer than those pictured (you can see a bit peeking out under the corner of the rug. Obviously things like side tables, lamps, etc will be added.

Love it? Hate it? Like it ....but?

Comments (64)

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

New chair options. Love some thoughts on these, all are Sam Moore so would be made in the blue fabric above.

Kamea:

Laney

Keuf (my husband's favorite because he thinks it won't be as heavy)
    {{!gwi}}
    Lexie - can't tell if this would be too Doctor's office-y

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And finally large ottoman instead of a coffee table. In playing around on their website I trimmed it in the indigo, but certainly could change that.

{{!gwi}}

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Kellie, it says you have removed the pics so I can't see the fabrics. I LOVE that first chair! Yowza, it's gorgeous. I can't wait to see the fabrics!

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Woops... I had the pics in a album that wasn't visible so changed them and forgot to update the links so here they are. I like the first chair too (actually the first two are my favorites)

{{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here is a mock up. The chair would be in the indigo fabric, not the yellow, but I didn't want to cover up too much so the shape wouldn't be visible. Does it look OK with the sofa? The color n the ottoman isn't right as pictured, in actuality it matches the rug pretty well

Funny but I had a couple of girl friends over last night so could see where people gravitated to sit. The first to sit was back in the chair by the TV that I thought wouldn't be part of the room, I sat in one of the recliners, my husband was on the couch, and the friend other sat on a bar stool off the kitchen island. Maybe she just wanted to be closest to the wine!

• User
    10 years ago

I like the Keuf chair too, for your husband's reasons, and because it ties in better with your more modern rug and accessories. I can see the Kamea chair in a formal living room or bedroom, not a family room. The Monet print also seems formal, though I love the colors it pulls from the painting. The blue in the Monet may appear too dark against the leather. The ikat drapes would look pretty behind the blue chair, but three pairs of them might be a little too much pattern with the rug. I don't think the ikat and Monet work well together.

The beige ottoman contributes to all the beige and brown in your seating area. I'd carefully coordinate the pillows and the ottoman fabric since that's going to be important to that side of the room. Our upholstered ottoman reads brown, but it has a quiet pattern with muted colors and looked fabulous with brown leather. But we have a cat, so we didn't buy leather. Since feet and drinks go on the ottoman, I'd avoid beige. We've had a few "foody fingers" and a baby spit-up on ours.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Made a few changes based on your comments. I think you may be right about the chair actually. As far as the Monet print, I love the way it ties in the colors of all the elements in the room and for a small object like a pillow am hoping will appear more whimsical than formal, especially if paired with indigo zebra print pillows? Maybe I am crazy? Or I could take it out completely (sigh - it is so beautiful) and use the ikat for pillows instead?

For the drapes, I was only going to use the Ikat as a fabric accent, both for cost and because (like you said) too much would be too much! So maybe just a band at the top? I'll have to check out AD's WT thread for some inspiration. Any thoughts on that?

Regarding the ottoman, the fabric has a very very subtle pattern. Here is a close up of it, but again it probably isn't true since it is hard to photograph with the correct light. Maybe this color is still too light to withstand how it will likely be used.There is also the option of doing the bottom of the ottoman in one print, and the top in another. While I can see that this would be a good way to bring in the blue, I am not sure if I would like it. Another option is just to do the I could have the welting in a blue fabric.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

New OB with the changes....and maybe a blue ottoman? Too much?

• Faux68
    10 years ago

Love it! I like the animal print--but I would like it better if it were more brown than charcoal/black.

Since you are doing custom could you get the stain on all of the legs to match? Probably no one will notice but . . .

I like this chair a lot better for your room.

I can't wait to see the after.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Kellie, I really don't think a chair without arms would be comfortable for more than a small period of time. Take notice when you are sitting and relaxing on a chair or sofa how often your arm is propped on the arm of the chair. I can't remember who it was on GW but they bought chairs without arms and were disappointed because they weren't comfortable. I really wish I could remember who it was and what the title was. When I sit even to surf the web or to read I always have my arms propped on the chair arms. Do you have a friend who would lend you an armless chair for a few days? I was concerned about the wood arms on the one chair you liked but a wooden arm, IMO, is preferable to no arm at all.

I love your fabric choices! I love the animal print that you are using for pillows, it's blue isn't it? Maybe you could do a solid panel curtain and do a valance in the Ikat print.

• User
    10 years ago

I'd do a WT inside the window frame because of the size of the window and the wall space adjoining it. Panels may end up right against the fireplace and smooshed into the corners. Whoever does the WT should be able to advise you. We had JCPenney come out for an estimate and she showed us so many options. Not sure if they still do custom WT.

The ikat doesn't relate well to the other fabrics and the rug, so I'd put that aside for awhile. I like the blue ottoman. It appears blue-gray on my monitor and I like the photo where it's bluer. I would just keep referencing the painting for color tones. When we got new furniture, we started with two prints and it made it easier to chose fabrics.

How do you see your guests using the chair? Short visits, hours watching TV?

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Fauz68 - Of course the legs of the furniture will be as close to similar as I can possibly get! The chair is Sam Moore which is a division of BY, so hopefully the finishes will match. The animal print is actually indigo, so is a good match to the blue of the chair. Here is a closer pic.
    {{!gwi}}

Holly - I like the fabrics too! It's funny that the room is feeling much more restful to me than some of the other iterations, which must mean that I am getting somewhere finally. Hopefully!! For the windows I was thinking about possibly getting ready made linen-ish drapes and having a band of the Ikat sewn at the top. So something like this maybe?

[Traditional Living Room[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-living-room-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_718~s_2107) by Los Angeles Interior Designers & Decorators Annette English

Regarding the chair, I do realize that armless isn't the most comfortable. I hope that will be OK since it likely wont be used much, just as overflow seating for guests mostly. It won't be the curl up and read a book chair. I think I am OK with that.

Any thoughts on the ottoman? What colors should I go for? I honestly don't hate the mock up in the blue.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi may - we were cross posting. Guests are more short visits, parties, or general chit-chatting. I can't recall the last time we had people over for general TV or movie watching. So I think the armless chair will hopefully be OK.

Do you have an example of the window treatments that you are suggesting? There is also a window on the other side of the room that doesn't have much space between the window and then kitchen cabinets, so that is a point I had not thought of. And my initial thought was to have my MIL doctor up ready made panels so I am afraid I won't have the opportunity to ask a professional for their opinion on that (unless you guys count). If you don't like the Ikat fabric, how do you like the monet? Here is a closer pic, it pulls in a lot of different colors.

It's funny you mention the print, it was hanging in the DR until this weekend when I realized that the color scheme would match well so is more of a happy coincidence that it blends so well. But I hadn't been using it for inspiration.

• Faux68
    10 years ago

LOVE the animal print and the drapes are great. It is coming together.

One thing: the chair. As I am reading some of you recent comments I wondered why not choose a chair that is comfortable? I know you mentioned it is only for overflow but I think, if it were me, I would get a chair that I would like to sit in. I don't think you are in love with it since you had another one chose earlier. So . . . maybe get one that is comfortable? If you happen to have long term company it will be more accommodating. Just something for you to think about. If you want the chair---it works---so don't over think what I am saying.

You are doing well! Glad the wood stains match!! (:

• User
    10 years ago

Here's a photo of fabric shades flanking a fireplace. Armless chairs too!

[Traditional Living Room[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-living-room-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_718~s_2107) by Vancouver Interior Designers & Decorators Enviable Designs Inc.

• User
    10 years ago

I know one window is near the peninsula. With your family room open to the kitchen, I think it's another good reason to lean toward the more casual fabrics and styles.

More fabric shades from Houzz.

Here is a link that might be useful: [shades[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/home-design-ideas-phbr0-bp~)

This post was edited by may_flowers on Sun, Dec 1, 13 at 22:52

• geokid
    10 years ago

Yes, get a comfortable chair and pull it closer to the fireplace. Whether it has arms or not, make sure it's someplace guests would want to sit otherwise it's wasting space and money. Put it completely on the rug and part of the other seating grouping. If it will mainly be used by guests (who will rarely be watching TV), then bring it closer to the conversation.

Love the Monet print. The Ikat just doesn't go well with the rug, I think. And the Monet would look stunning as a top border to window treatments.

Of the chairs you posted, I like the one from your very first post, the Room and Board Sanna, the best.

• vinilismo
    10 years ago

I like the blue color choices, The two blue shades blend nicely & I like how you tie them together with the two toned blue pillows..

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The original chair we were looking out is very comfortable and very inexpensive. Perhaps we should just go back to it. The more we have lived with a chair in that area, the more it seems to "fit". Here is yet another version with that chair in a camel color rather than the blue. It mimics the mat around the print. I added in a couple of accessories as well. Better/worse than the indigo?

This post was edited by kellienoelle on Mon, Dec 2, 13 at 12:11

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

I personally prefer the chair in blue - but then I am always more attracted to darker colors.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I picked up some new fabrics in the camel color which are attached below. I can't decide if I prefer the camel or the blue. The camel would be easier to change out in the future if I were to decide that I preferred a different accent color. I wouldn't have to worry so much about having the blue/brown balance on both sides of the room if I do the camel. Any thoughts on these? The blue swatches (2 solids and one with a subtle pattern) here are those available in the Rowe/Robin Bruce line, so it isn't the original blue (which was Sam Moore). I think I may like the color of the Sam Moore better though.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I like the blue Kellie. It adds nice color. I love the Ikat and the animal print. I really like the blue Sam Moore fabric. I think that we are all confusing you as we all have a different take on what you should do but honestly Kellie you have great taste. You have put together a few really lovely combos and I don't think you will be going wrong with the beautiful colors and fabrics that you chose in whatever combo. They are all so pretty. The chairs in your most recent pic (I love them) look like a buttery yellow instead of camel. The room that you just posted with the camel chairs and your sofa with the lovely print pillows is my favorite but I would love it as much with blue chairs. I also think the blue ottoman looks great! When you are finished with the room you are going to be so pleased.

• User
    10 years ago

I still prefer the darker blue. It really holds its own against the strong color and pattern of the rug. Looks good with your wall color and the leather. I think it's a good blue for mixing with other shades of blue in pillows and WT. I would avoid a blue that's very gray like the plaid.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Haha, holly - it can be confusing getting conflicting opinions! But it is nice to bounce things off of people too. In the end, I take the advice I hadn't considered (sometimes you are too close to the project) and counter it with what I like. What is hard is when you see the pros and cons of each. Which I feel is a place I am in perpetually.

May - here is where the plot thickens! I like the blue in the fabrics I posted earlier (Sam Moore), it is more vibrant and pares will with the pillow fabrics (Robin Bruce) that I like. But when I went to find a Robin Bruce/Rowe solid blue (because that is who makes the chair and ottoman in the most recent rendition), I don't like them as well. They aren't quite as vibrant. So now I feel like I'm at an impasse again. Here are the three blues together. Which is best? Which is acceptable? Can I hire somebody to make these decisions for me?

On a positive note, since I feel like decorating is a perpetual spinning of the wheels situation, the carpet runner that was the last decision I agonized over and took FOREVER to come in, is getting installed tomorrow. So hopefully I like it for some validation of my ability to make a choice!

This post was edited by kellienoelle on Mon, Dec 2, 13 at 22:41

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And here is a Sam Moore Ottoman that works size wise, so we could do it in the same blue of the chair if I do the brighter blue fabric I like (I keep calling it indigo because it has a different feel than navy). But the turned legs are completely putting me off.

• romy718
    10 years ago

I like the turquoise blues shades you originally showed with your rug, at the beginning of this post and the blue shades you posted with the camel/yellow chair & lamps. Those blue shades really compliment the brown in your rug & sofa. I also like a tufted ottoman with your couch, maybe because it doesn't look so square? Not sure about the legs on the ottoman you just posted but all the matching legs in the pic with the camel/yellow chair look too square, too matchy? The round end tables add a nice shape. Sorry, I'm rambling.

• User
    10 years ago

I'm getting a little confused with the swatches, but I think you're saying you like the square swatch (Sam Moore?). I agree. The muddled colors don't look as good with the rug, which is maybe why romy is drawn to the clear blue-green of turquoise. I like turquoise too, but I like the bright blue because it's unexpected paired with brown.

I'm having a hard time imagining the watercolory effect of the Monet with the strong pattern in the rug, and it just doesn't feel fun enough for me. Colors are good though. I do like the zebra and I'm not an animal print girl!

Don't like the ottoman for your room.

• Faux68
    10 years ago

I am confused too. I almost don't want to post because I think you have put together a great room every time you have posted. Now I really think you have to go with what you love and your gut.

After reading may flowers post I agree with everything she said about the muddled colors. That swatch looks great with the painting but doesn't really look great with the rug. But that swatch does tie all of the colors together. In my opinion, this is the only thing thou might want to keep working on.

I agree that the legs on the ottoman don't really work.

I really like your more recent blue/grey colors. I still LOVE the animal print. That is a must.

I hope your runner looks great!!

• Faux68
    10 years ago

This one is my favorite. The only thing I would change is using a solid pillow with a great texture next to the animal print pillows. I hope we aren't making this harder for you.

• romy718
    10 years ago

The Sam Moore bright blue is way back in your posts, 12/01 at 13:50? I do like that blue. The new blues look a little more washed out, not as clear & vibrant. Thanks for clarifying the thoughts I was trying to communicate, mayflowers.
    But I also agree with HollyKaye. You have put together several lovely combos. We're all happy to chime in, but you do have excellent taste and you have the real fabrics.
    I'm redecorating my family room. Picked out fabrics with the designer at the furniture store & took pics of fabrics. Looking at pics, I decide I don't like them. Emailed the designer, told him DH didn't like them (why did I do that???) DH & I go for another session. DH says he likes them. I get talked back into them & order.
    2 weeks go by, I decide now that I detest them. Luckily, I was able to cancel & pick different fabrics. Turns out DH just wanted to get stuff ordered so we'd have it by Christmas. I still have a sofa "style" & rug coming that I am afraid I'm not going to like. I should have listened to my gut.

• User
    10 years ago

I think this is the one romy's referring to. I like that blue too, even though I'm not sure if it's the same as the square swatch. Either blue works for me.

I feel that the scale of the pattern on the ikat puts it into too much competition with the rug. I wouldn't add any more large-scaled patterns.

How helpful has the furniture salesperson been in helping you coordinate the fabrics?

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey guys, I am confusing myself so can see how you are confused. Let me see if I can clarify at all.

In the picture of the blue fabrics, the one on the right is the Sam Moore swatch, and is clearly my favorite. I am sure that I could find a chair that I like in the Sam Moore line. But I don't care for the ottoman

So here are the Sam Moore options, this fabric:
    {{!gwi}}

Ties to this ottoman, chair I am sure I could find something that I like:

While these fabrics (which are Rowe/Robin Bruce):

{{!gwi}}

And tie to this ottoman:

{{!gwi}}

And this chair (ignore the ottoman in this pic, I wouldn't get one):
    {{!gwi}}

So the question is, how to make it work in these parameters?

In thinking about use I was thinking that the lighter fabric on the ottoman is a very poor choice because of use (mostly the dogs walking by and rubbing against it will make it look dingy). I had hoped for blue as a good choice for durabilty. In comparson, I like the more vibrant blue, but maybe I would be happy with the others as well if I just stop comparing them. Another factor, that is hard over the computer obviously, is that some just FEEL better. And I also don't know the price differences so that may have to be a consideration too.

The salesperson has been very helpful with the fabrics. Unfortunately, with working full time, I can only usually go in on the weekends so this is dragging on and on. She is off on Mondays and Tuesdays, so I haven't been able to talk about the latest round with her. Ultimately, I know that I am going to have to pick the ones that I like (for example, I LOVE the monet, even though I can see others reservations about it)

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I could always go back to a non-ottoman type of coffee table.

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

Could you buy the Sam Moore blue fabric to use on the Rowe/Robin Bruce ottoman (the one without the turned legs)? We just ordered a sectional and chair from Roche Bobois and we're using the leather from one line on the chair from another line - it's an upcharge, but we wanted them the same.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, for enough money anything is possible! I am eagerly awaiting my salespersons return to ask these questions and maybe start getting some quotes. As a general rule, the Sam Moore line is more expensive than the Rowe.

• User
    10 years ago

Both the Rowe/Robin Bruce fabrics look very different in the latest photo. The one on the left is a beautiful color. It looks like it has a slight touch of teal compared to the Sam Moore. Which one feels the best?

I'd probably try to find an ottoman if you plan to put your feet up on it. But if you would use it more for drinks, I'd get a coffee table. It's a family room, so choose function!

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The one on the left is a very subtly striped navy velvety material. It feels pretty good actually. It would be the most economical choice. My concern with it is that somebody above about the color going gray - and I can see that. Here is a close up of this fabric with the others. Again, it isn't as vibrant as the initial indigo blue, it is more of a navy. But perhaps once I stop comparing it to the indigo it would be a color that I would like. My initial thought is that I just don't like it as much. Of course money should be a consideration, right?

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

I like the blue better than the camel- it's a personal choice thing though and whichever way you go will be fine.

Have you looked at the COM option?
    If you want to upholster a chair in a fabric that isn't part of the companies offerings, there is the COM-customers own material- option.
    And if you're going that route try to find what you like in a fabric from the fabric source. ie, go find the blue you want from a fabric co.
    If you order yd goods from one furniture co to upholster another co's chair you'd better have a good motivation, because you're paying a big premium that way.
    Chances are, if you look hard enough, you'll even find that ikat you found in the upholstery collection in a fabric suppliers offerings.
    For a solid, textured blue look at Robert Allen, Kravet, Stout, Highland Court, Fabricut, Swavelle, the list goes on.
    And then a tier up, Schumacher, scalamandre, brunschwig & Fils, etc.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The Salesperson mentioned COM to me, I will definitely discuss it with her. I would be cool going that route if the price wasn't outrageous. What is unfortunate, however, is Rowe (which has my ottoman of choice) isn't exactly top of the line construction. It's just a good entry level brand, probably why I don't like their fabrics in comparison, so paying a premium to put fancy schmancy fabric on a entry level chair seems a bit counter intuitive. But on the flip side, a priority to me has been fabrics that will be easier to live with considering the dogs and dog hair, and that is an area where I feel like the Rowe samples that I have won't stand up so well.

Is an outdoor fabric a big no-no? Something about it just reads DURABLE to me, but so do the plastic furniture covers our grandparents used to have. I'll link an example below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Outdoor fabric

This post was edited by kellienoelle on Wed, Dec 4, 13 at 0:01

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

Kellie, I would think a Sunbrella fabric would be great and durable. I also think your salesperson can direct you to the most durable fabric within any furniture line. I know that most people would say don't do this but have you considered doing your chairs in a colored leather? I was so worried about all the leather in our room but I think it can work if you have a different color on your chair or chairs. It will be easier to clean and I think it would look great as you can soften the leather with your fabric choices for pillows, ottoman, and drapes. My last furniture was all leather, I hated the style, the color, and the fact that the sofa, loveseat, chair, and ottoman were all the same leather but if I had used two different colors and had a traditional style I think it could have worked fine. It was eighteen years old and the leather was in great shape considering that we had four cats and two dogs in that time.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, holly, we already changed our plan and added a loveseat (which by the way is only about $150 less than the the full sofa), so my leather budget is long gone. And I'd like to add in more textures. Update is no COM for the Rowe line, so if I want that ottoman I will have to make it work with the existing Rowe/Robin Bruce fabric.

So.....I am leaning to the blue ottoman (they did have a very pretty deep navy velvet) and the camel chair (apparently they have a line of sunbrella fabrics I didn't see yet). For the ottoman I could make it more fun by doing two fabrics. For example doing the zebra on the bottom below the band, then a solid blue at the top. Would that be too much with the rug? Here is the pic again for reference.

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

I forgot that you decided on a love seat. I like the idea of navy velvet but think the zebra print as a band at the bottom with the pretty blue Rowe fabric would be a very neat look!

• User
    10 years ago

I was hoping for something fun for your ottoman, but I'm not sure about the zebra fabric. It's white, the rug is beige. Won't the dogs be rubbing between sofa and ottoman and dirtying the zebra?

I saw gray zebra pillows with red cording and thought you could trim yours with the blue if you want to tie them in more.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just got a text with a pic from the sales person, and they have a navy houndstooth that may be a better option than the zebra, as I was in agreement that this would likely be too much, but didn't know what else to use. This could be an option. I think her thoughts on these fabrics is ottoman in the houndstooth on bottom and navy on top. Chair in the camel/tan herringbone type fabric. Not sure about the other fabric.

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

And then a new OB that I put together. I don't think that I have added this in before, but this has the room color represented under the ceiling fan (existing, but I could paint). I played around on the site that francoise used for DR drapes and added drapery panels in a fabric that I think could work??? Took out the monet pillows to decrease the number of different pattersn. And then of course tossed in a cool $1050 lamp that I'll never be able to afford, but price is no object on Olioboard. I can't figure out how to add the possible fabric on the bottom of the ottoman if that is something that I choose to do.

I wonder if I should start a new thread now that I have narrowed things down, because no sane person is going to wade through all of my indecision and numerous versions.

This post was edited by kellienoelle on Thu, Dec 5, 13 at 12:45

• User
    10 years ago

Now it's getting library, and dare I say, matronly? I'm pushing 60 and those fabrics are too old even for me!

The white geometric must be her WT suggestion.

• User
    10 years ago

You fast poster, Kellie! I was referring to the houndstooth and blue and herringbone, not your mock-up!

I like the drapery fabric you picked out. It brings in all the right colors and youthfulness with the geometric print. The room was lacking geometrics, but this one keeps it calm and relaxing.

I like this so much better with the Monet gone! Would you consider some type of print on the ottoman that reads blue? I just looked at hundreds of ottomans on Houzz and really like this one.

[Contemporary Living Room[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/contemporary-living-room-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_718~s_2103) by New York Media & Bloggers ABRAMS

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Haha may, I actually don't mind the houndstooth but will have to put it together and see for myself. The other herringbone pattern will likely just read as a solid. I have a couple of other chenille-y types and velvet as well, but I don't mind a subtle tone on tone pattern that will hopefully make it wear better. I like the drape idea that it in my latest OB much better than what she selected however!

• kellienoelle
    Original Author
    10 years ago

We keep crossposting May. I really do like small geometric pattern for the ottoman and have looked. Everytime I try to do it for myself it either looks like "too much" with the rug or the navy and white combo just ends up looking gray from a distance. There is this, but I don't think I like it in here.

• User
    10 years ago

I'd steer away from a true navy and look for that brighter blue in a small print. That's the blue that works with the rug.

That drapery fabric is good with the camel chair because it has some yellow. I thought the corner might be blah without the blue chair, but I like it with those drapes.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County