|My rooms have been cleared out and repainted. This is my great room. It is painted EK buttercream. I am very happy with the color. It is a north facing room and it was hard to find a good neutral that didn't die or go funny on me. I can't redo the ceiling, so please don't suggest that:)
I am looking for suggestions with furniture layout, lighting, window treatments (I do not need them for privacy), etc. I still see it as it was before, so it's hard for me to see new. What to do with the offset in the right corner? What to do with the half wall? Where to put the TV?
We do a lot of entertaining so there must be a tv. Behind the half wall to the right are steps, with a full wall behind that. It is very hard to get a good picture of the entire space.
Anything you would like to suggest?
|what a nice room! |
If you can post a layout with dimensions it always helps elicit the best feedback.
Also, other than TV and entertaining, what will you do in this room. How many people live in the home and what are there ages? What style do you like? Have any favorite colors?
|Here is a very rough drawing of my entire great room area including kitchen to the left, eating area at the top and a sitting area with fireplace to the bottom left. The picture above is taken pretty much from the very center of the whole area. |
There are only three of us here. This is our main living area as it is all open and we are all here most of the time. We do homework in this area, watch tv, read, play on our laptops etc. This is the main entertaining area because everyone likes to hang out by the kitchen!
The only colors that can't be changed are white cabinets, black counter tops, mahogany floors, buttercream here, and ashen green in the kitchen area and fireplace room. My backsplash is a mix of gold, yellow, gray, black and white glass tiles.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.