|My rooms have been cleared out and repainted. This is my great room. It is painted EK buttercream. I am very happy with the color. It is a north facing room and it was hard to find a good neutral that didn't die or go funny on me. I can't redo the ceiling, so please don't suggest that:)
I am looking for suggestions with furniture layout, lighting, window treatments (I do not need them for privacy), etc. I still see it as it was before, so it's hard for me to see new. What to do with the offset in the right corner? What to do with the half wall? Where to put the TV?
We do a lot of entertaining so there must be a tv. Behind the half wall to the right are steps, with a full wall behind that. It is very hard to get a good picture of the entire space.
Anything you would like to suggest?
|what a nice room! |
If you can post a layout with dimensions it always helps elicit the best feedback.
Also, other than TV and entertaining, what will you do in this room. How many people live in the home and what are there ages? What style do you like? Have any favorite colors?
|Here is a very rough drawing of my entire great room area including kitchen to the left, eating area at the top and a sitting area with fireplace to the bottom left. The picture above is taken pretty much from the very center of the whole area. |
There are only three of us here. This is our main living area as it is all open and we are all here most of the time. We do homework in this area, watch tv, read, play on our laptops etc. This is the main entertaining area because everyone likes to hang out by the kitchen!
The only colors that can't be changed are white cabinets, black counter tops, mahogany floors, buttercream here, and ashen green in the kitchen area and fireplace room. My backsplash is a mix of gold, yellow, gray, black and white glass tiles.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here