Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
decordummy_gw

New eye candy needed for the gallery? How about "Timeless"?

decordummy_gw
9 years ago

While reading the responses to a post by christyinco (entitled "Is it just me or does everyone look to have a magazine home?"), I was thinking how much I would like to see pics of rooms that
- feature family heirlooms, vintage, and antique items
- look collected over time
- are timeless & classic, but still fresh & current

In the past Oceanna (and others) posted wonderful eye candy. These are just a few examples
- Laundry/mud room
- porches, decks, sheds, outdoor d�cor
- ceiling eye candy
- bathroom eye candy
- bedroom inspirations
- staircase eye candy
- Taupes & Browns
- Greens
- Greys

The Gallery seems to be moving away from collections of pics (with a common theme to the collection). I miss the eye candy collections.

Comments (4)

• blfenton
    9 years ago

My dining room is a collection of vintage and family heirlooms. I have my grandmothers table that is going on 90 years old, a buffet that my uncle made in Grade 12 woodwork and is now 60 years old (would probably be described as MCM) and above the buffet we have some mirrors hung that are from the 1950's that I bought from a friends antique store. `The style is described as Canadiana - whatever that means.

Believe me, you don't want to see a picture of this room. Emotionally I love the room, it is a great room. However, aesthetically, you don't want to see a picture of this room.

Some collections are best left with the owner and not shared..

decordummy_gw thanked blfenton
  • gabbythecat
    9 years ago

Where is the gallery?

This post was edited by gladys1924 on Sun, Nov 30, 14 at 15:32

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    9 years ago

I belive you'd like to see pics posted on the gallery of "timeless" rooms done well. Done correctly we should add NO dialogue. With only pics posted, we'll have lots of eye candy . Great idea. Remember...no chatting, just pics.
    I'll go over now and post.

decordummy_gw thanked martinca_gw sunset zone 24
  • decordummy_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Blfenton, I'm sure your room looks lovely, it certainly sounds lovely.

Martina, yes that's exactly what I meant "timeless rooms done well", I'm hoping for a mix of rooms - from both GWers (real people) as well as inspiration pics. I love the two that you posted.

Gladys1924, there are 3 areas in the forum - Gallery, Discussions, Conversations.
    Look just above the list of messages (posts).
    If it says âÂÂOn-topic discussions Switch to Gallery : Conversationsâ then you are in Discussions.
    If it says âÂÂImage Gallery Switch to Discussions : Conversationsâ then you are in the Gallery.
    If it says :Off-topic conversations Switch to Discussions : Galleryâ then you are in Conversations.
    Discussions (on-topic) is meant for discussions related to that particular forum (Decorating Forum, Kitchens Forum, Retirement Forum, etc).
    Conversations (off-topic) are friendly chats about general topics (the weather, what your week was like, personal dilemmas).
    Gallery is meant for pictures.
    If I have not explained this well, someone please jump in.