|I'm looking for a pattern for swags/tails. |
Have any of you tried a particular pattern?
If so, pleased/not pleased with the results?
|If you need to draft a pattern for the size of your window, the information in the book by Merrick and Day is good. You might find their book for sale as used and get a good price somewhere else.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Merick and Day
|I haven't made swags and jabots (tails) in a long time. I think the last time I did, I used a pattern from butterick as it was a very complex swag, not a straight forward one with separate channels stitched in between the swags. |
However, for basic ones, there are lots of instructions on line....you can do a google search...typically I would review a number of them to try to get as much info as possible, and then go with the one that makes the most sense and is easiest to follow.
Many sewing books on home decor will also have instructions to follow...really a matter of deciding how long you want the jabots, how deeply you want them pleated and how deep do you want your swag.
Here is a link that might be useful: how to make swags and jabots
|sally, clt, and Annie, |
Thanks for your suggestions.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here