Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Painter Busy, so time to rethink colors: Pismo Dunes anybody?

beekeeperswife
14 years ago

I have been looking at a color that I painted on my wall a couple of months ago--sample color(s). There are two colors painted on the wall with the clock--the lighter is BM Pismo Dunes, the darker is the next on the swatch, Mesa Verde Tan.

I am thinking that the darker one will go on that clock wall, because having the lighter one there gives off the look of stainless when placed so close to fridge. When looking at the pantry/fridge wall, I see "Stainless, wood, stainless, wood". So the darker one looks nicer. I want to use Pismo Dunes (the lighter one) for the rest of the walls, including the rest of the family room.

Please ignore the floors, they are being replaced with a dark brown cork, and quite frankly the couch is short lived as well. The TV cabinet is going to be replaced with a low credenza with a small flat screen on it. And yes, the dark cabinet next to fireplace will be gone as well.

Also, the wall with the fireplace--planning on doing a very dark chocolate brown that I have in my dining room on that wall.

I would like opinions if anyone has ever used Pismo Dunes, I don't want it to feel cold. So far I like it on the wall as a sample. We have changed our overall look during this kitchen reno from a tuscan/gold look to a more modern look.

Other information, our granite is Bianco Antico, the crown molding you see in the kitchen has just been finished and needs to be painted. We will be doing a taupe tile for the backsplash.

thanks for your ideas.

Pismo Dunes on the Left, Mesa Verde Tan on the right

{{!gwi}}

Most recent picture of kitchen, taken yesterday:

{{!gwi}}

From kitchen looking into family room, we have removed two half walls creating one large "good, not great" room. The cream leather chairs in other photos are the chairs we are using.

{{!gwi}}

And I had to add this one because you can just barely see the white cabinet color up against the paint samples on the clock wall (they are leaning at the bottom):

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)