Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goostergw

Ballard Designs is having up to 25% off this weekend

Gooster
10 years ago

Got an email today regarding the latest Ballard Designs sales -- up to 25%. 15% off up to 250, 20% off 250 to 700, 25% off above. I remember a bunch of people contemplating some purchases. 25% is pretty unusual for them, I think. My furniture purchases were all about 20% off.

Ends monday. (I have no affiliation)

Anyone else notice a bunch of deals for Veteran's Day weekend?

Comments (6)

• maggiepie11
    10 years ago

thanks for the heads up! i left something in my cart, so i didn't get the email about the sale - instead i got an email about finishing my purchase (at 15% off).

what about black friday/cyber monday? any thoughts on whether they discount any deeper? i've been trying to spread out purchases for our new house, but also will be bummed if i buy a bunch of stuff just weeks before it goes on sale even further.

by the way, Z Gallerie has a friends and family sale for veterans day weekend as well. 20% art and accessories, 10-15% furniture.

Pottery Barn Kids also - bedroom furniture (and i imagine the grownup PB also)

• maggiepie11
    10 years ago

PS Gooster... that was the last oomph i needed to order my new dining room chandelier.

i'm all tingly over the 10 light cosette!

so thanks!

• Gooster
    Original Author
    10 years ago

that's a lovely chandelier. Buy more, save more, lol. I've been getting more and more into their stuff. It used to not appeal as much to me, but the mix has broadened.

I don't recall seeing BD at 25% and I've made several purchases over the year (Coventry Banquette, Marcello stools, some lampshades). The max I've seen has been 20%.

I also reeived the Z Gallerie email! I also see a Friends and Family discount for Restoration Hardware, at 20%. Horchow is also running a 25 to 30% off, but that is a more typical discount for both of them.

ETA: Joann.com F&R at 25%, Thurs to Sat, in store only, includes regular and sale priced items

This post was edited by gooster on Thu, Nov 7, 13 at 15:22

• maggiepie11
    10 years ago

sorry to hijack... i realize this board isn't all about my purchase cycles! but i'm so torn. i also want 4 of their counter stools but wasn't mentally prepared to spend the money today. i'd definitely qualify for the 25% with this purchase. part of what bugs me about ballard is having to pay for shipping. all of my other house purchases have gotten free shipping over a certain amount. at ballard, the more you buy, the more shipping costs! haha i understand why, i just don't like it. :)

JoAnn's sales were better last week!

• User
    10 years ago

Wow, thanks so much @gooster! I've been eyeing the Coventry corner banquette forever and agonizing about the cost especially since I can't test it out. You were nice enough to respond to a post I wrote a few weeks ago on this and I've had your amazing kitchen reveal open ever since then.

Do you happen to remember which fabric you chose? I have some samples already but was considering the Sunbrella heather grey (which I don't have.)

The rest of my renovation is waiting till spring after a contractor disaster earlier this fall, and the whole experience of choosing the wrong person to write a big initial check to has made me even less capable of making decisions than I usually am. I feel like the sale is a nod to take the plunge finally.

• Gooster
    Original Author
    10 years ago

smalloldhouse: oh, you were the one. I'm glad you caught this, the savings are larger than normal for them. And thanks for the kind words regarding the kitchen. The fabric is called Trilby Basketweave Gray. I really like it -- it is thick, seems durable, and has a slubby linen texture, even though it is mostly poly. It comes in other shades as well.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your contractor; I hope the financial pain was minimal.

maggiepie: great stools! I want to replace my fr stools, which I painted but I'm not especially fond of....