Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Karastan kirman 717 colors, photos?

Posted by kiki_thinking (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 11:48

Does the karastan kirman 717 have any black in it?

Can anyone describe the red for me? Like maybe what SW red would be the closest match?

I have looked at a lot of photos online, and still have a lot of trouble getting the sense of what shade of red the predominant red is.

I found one for sale but it's a 3 hour trip for me, so I'd almost have to decide I wanted it before making the trip to pick it up.

I'd also love to see photos of ths rug in your rooms!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Karastan kirman 717 colors, photos?

I recently sold 2 that I had on Craigslist. I have this photo that I took of the edge for one of the ad photos, so you can see the color. FYI, mine were about 20 years old, and I don't know if the dye lot with current ones is different. I took it against piece of white paper.

Photobucket

o

I have 2 of these-the round and a small accent rug. I don't think there is any black in them. I do however have the round under my kitchen table with black chairs. The red in mythreedog's pic above looks very true on my monitor.

o

Thank you for the photos and the help!

o

Mine is about 35 years old and has a very little black as outline. Most of the blue outlines are varying shades of navy/dark blue. Sometimes, a few stitches of black interspersed with dark blue. Look at the underside for easier discrimination.

Can't answer the red as some SW red. Depends on the light, angle, and how matted the pile is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here