Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jsg26

Do you like this rug and should we keep it? Before and after pics

jsg26
9 years ago

Would love any opinions on this rug we are thinking about purchasing. It's incredibly expensive and just want to make sure we're going with the right one for the space. We have a white colonial and are a young couple, and while we love traditional style we are going for a little more transitional and clean so trying to find something that works for both feels. The walls are grant beige (kitchen tile and cabinets are a glaze so we didn't do gray), and the throw pillows and throws we are going to change if we keep the rug.

Here is the other side of the room with the old rug we sold which was way too light.

What do you guys think??

This post was edited by jsg4 on Sun, Nov 30, 14 at 12:23

Comments (24)

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    9 years ago

Looks like the new rug works nicely in the space.

May I ask where you found those great taupe stained side tables?

• jsg26
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We purchased them from Lillian August, and it looks like they don't make them any more but the SKU for the side table is 215-940-A5. Hope that helps and thanks for the feedback!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

It's gorgeous. But pull it out about a foot.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

I love every single thing.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

The horse print is awesome too!

• jsg26
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone so much! Yes we're going to pull the rug out about a foot so the side table is completely on it.

We already loved it but wanted some other opinions, looks like we're going to keep it!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Interesting about the print, I would have said it is way too big for the space where you have it, and I would have been wrong. Maybe because it balances the windows, IDK, but it looks super.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

The rug is beautiful, as is the whole room! Great choice.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

What are you going to change the throw pillows and throws to?

Because right now I look at your room, including the dining room and see nothing but grey. Oh, except for the red spine on the coffee table book - at least I think that's what it is. But, perhaps that's what you want.

• jsg26
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Realized that there actually were not a lot of the throws and throw pillows in those photos... sorry. But we want to work in some color now, maybe play off the painting on the kitchen wall or something?

Any recommendations for window treatments? Right now just have some sheer panels but probably want to do something a bit more bold.

• Mike121
    9 years ago

The piles of threads coming out at the border area of the rug are not impressive. Instead if you could have an affordable ivory colored shaggy rug at that place then it will also look good.

• amykath
    9 years ago

It looks fabulous. Your entire space is so warm and inviting. What kind of privacy do you need for your windows? Could you take a father away shot of your windows to get a better idea of what may look nest on them? Are you looking for drapes or just a shade?

• Christy Bell
    9 years ago

I like the rug - very neutral pattern for if or when you ever change your furniture.

Where did you get the horse print? I love it and haven't found a good one yet.

• itltrot
    9 years ago

Love your home! Everything feels welcoming.

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

I love the rug. Nice color, pattern and size. Where did you get it?

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

I would also suggest pulling the rug out, but more than a foot, a foot under the sofa perhaps, so the legs just hold it in place. Too much of it's prettiness is wasted under the sofa. Very lovely room, and love the horse picture also!

• User
    9 years ago

The new rug looks great.

• lilsophie
    9 years ago

I love everything about your space, it's just so beautiful :)

• yayagal
    9 years ago

Love to know where you found the rug. Room is lovely.

• jmc01
    9 years ago

You said you don't do grey. On my monitor the rug looks grey.

Is my monitor messed up or is the rug grey?

• jmc01
    9 years ago

dup

This post was edited by jmc01 on Wed, Dec 3, 14 at 6:29

• ttodd
    9 years ago

Wonderful!

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Your new rug looks great. It does look more grey to me too, or maybe a warm grey.

• jsg26
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you again all. Here are a couple more photos when we moved the rug out a bit. We actually want the grey, just couldn't go all grey with the walls since there's some warm tones in kitchen. Now on to throw pillows, throws, window treatments, accessories. Any recommendations??

{{gwi:2140252}}

{{gwi:2140253}}

{{gwi:2140254}}