Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for covered small boxes for powder room storage

Posted by sueb20 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 11:42

You know how you sometimes think something will be easy to find, and then you can't find it anywhere?? Yup, that's where I am.

I have the PB bath shelf in the link below. Tiny bathroom, this is all we have space for. DD stores some of her hair elastics and a comb, etc., in a basket on one of the shelves. I also have a little chrome "guest towel" container, and a box of kleenex, and a couple of tchotkes. Anyway, in a quest to make the room just a touch more formal, I'm looking for a couple of COVERED pretty boxes that DD can keep her hair stuff in, and I can store some other small items in. Do you think I can find any? Nope. What I had in my head was painted/lacquered boxes maybe in a rich/bright gold color, because the room is painted a very dark plum and I recently bought a dark gold handtowel that looks great in there! But, realizing being specific about a color was going to be very limiting, I looked for anything in any color, and couldn't find anything. I've looked on web sites like PB and RH and West Elm, I've looked in Home Goods and Target. Any other ideas?

P.S. RH did have some lovely marble or pewter covered boxes, but they were something like $99 each!

Here is a link that might be useful: PB shelf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for covered small boxes for powder room storage

Check out this website. I bought some decorative boxes for Christmas presents last year, they were great!

Here is a link that might be useful: Boxes

o

I found mine at Jossandmain.com - you may have to wait till some come up for sale again. Why not find plain boxes at a craft store and fininsh them with wallpaper/paint or fabric? Since, I'm not crafty I had to buy mine. Also, try Onekingslane.com

o

What about etsy?

Here is a link that might be useful: Etsy boxes

o

Tuesday Morning usually has a lot of storage boxes, baskets, etc. in various materials.

o

Try Michaels?

Here is a link that might be useful: containers

o

I just saw some while looking through my Talbots catalog this morning. 30% off sale on everything for regular customers going on right now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Talbots lacquered boxes

o

Ditto, Sandy 1963 - Michaels has some really nice hinge boxes in all kinds of sizes with formal, whimsical, even international themes. They are inexpensive and not necessarily "cheap".

o

I was at Joann's last night and saw a variety of boxes.

Do you have a Garden Ridge or Hobby Lobby? Both stores have a very good variety and the prices are very reasonable. HL is continuously having sales, with a 40% coupon every week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here