Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Looking for covered small boxes for powder room storage

Sueb20
11 years ago

You know how you sometimes think something will be easy to find, and then you can't find it anywhere?? Yup, that's where I am.

I have the PB bath shelf in the link below. Tiny bathroom, this is all we have space for. DD stores some of her hair elastics and a comb, etc., in a basket on one of the shelves. I also have a little chrome "guest towel" container, and a box of kleenex, and a couple of tchotkes. Anyway, in a quest to make the room just a touch more formal, I'm looking for a couple of COVERED pretty boxes that DD can keep her hair stuff in, and I can store some other small items in. Do you think I can find any? Nope. What I had in my head was painted/lacquered boxes maybe in a rich/bright gold color, because the room is painted a very dark plum and I recently bought a dark gold handtowel that looks great in there! But, realizing being specific about a color was going to be very limiting, I looked for anything in any color, and couldn't find anything. I've looked on web sites like PB and RH and West Elm, I've looked in Home Goods and Target. Any other ideas?

P.S. RH did have some lovely marble or pewter covered boxes, but they were something like $99 each!

Here is a link that might be useful: PB shelf

Comments (8)