Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Want a caramel dining room color that is not too dark

Posted by covenantbuilders (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 7, 09 at 11:35

My average-sized dining room's window is under a porch and therefore, the room does not receive much natural light. I am thinking that a pretty caramel color would be good, but am afraid that it might be too dark. After living with "BM Georgian Brick", I know I do not want dark. We have also had a cream color, but it seemed "boring" in the space.

We are painting most of the downstairs "SW Whole Wheat" so I tried painting some samples of "SW Baguette", but it did not work.

We are painting this dining room for the third time, so I have to get it right. Any suggestions or pictures?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Want a caramel dining room color that is not too dark

I have BM Guesthouse 1117 in my LR and DR. It's a golden carmel color.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Have you tried BM Classic Caramel or Roxbury Caramel?

o

I tried BM Calssic Caramel in my DR and was sooooooo disappointed! In my DR it pulled heavy on clay colored tones. Other posters here noticed it too. Not saying you shouldn't check it out as all lighting is different but it didn't go over well for me.

o

We used Walnut by Ralph Lauren in our living room and dining room. Love this color.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Thanks for all of the great pictures!

Marybeth1- I think that guesthouse might be the one to try. Does it seem a lot darker at night?

dixiedo- Your home is lovely. Would really like to have that wainscoting in your dining room.

johnmari - Thanks for the caramel suggestions. Those were some of the choices i had considered, but i think they are too dark for my space.

o

Here is my tiny dinning room in BM sepia tan. Photo was taken at night. The kitchen is BM guesthouse and looks great next to the dinning room.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here