Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dixiedo_gw

Does you have black coffee table/end table/sofa tables? Pics ?!

dixiedo
15 years ago

DH and I are *this* close to purchasing a 60" flat panel TV. We are planning to wall mount it, and have found a charming TV console that will house all the junk, but looks reallly cute =)

Our current coffee table set has been VERY abused by our children, so we have no problem with painting them black to match the console, as they are good tables with lots of life left in them.

Problem is, we have brown furniture, and I am a bit worried about how the black and brown will look together??!! We are not opposed to buying new furniture in the near future (within a year or so), so I am looking for ideas of what others have and how it looks with the black.

Pictres would be very welcomed =) Thanks!

Comments (10)

• dixiedo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

That should read "Do you"... I changed "you" from "anyone" and didn't correct the Does part LOL!! I swear I can speak correctly =)

• hpugalde
    15 years ago

I think that black is a color that combines with everything and black furniture looks modern.

Maybe you can find other ideas at the link of HoMe IdeAs.

Here is a link that might be useful: HoMe IdEaS

• runninginplace
    15 years ago

Why yes, I does :).

I have a black coffee table with a lot of brown in the room. Leather couch/chairs and wooden tables and miscellaneous pieces like the tv shelf.

My table is from Thomasville. Here's the advertisement version:

I've got a couple of pictures that show it in my room, though not all that well. Here they are:

Another angle:

I think it all works fine. I will add that the wood accent pieces in the LR tend to the tobacco/darker range. I don't have light wood or leather in there.

Hope this helps,
    Ann

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

I does too! I have 'cherry' side tables with a black EC. I just ignore everything! Really, The thought never occurred to me 'if' they would go! As of yet, no one has told me they don't ;)

• dixiedo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you guys for your pictures and for going along with my horrible grammar LOL!!

running: LOVE those tables, they are lovely! And I also remember you posting that pic with that gorgeous chair!!!

Here is a pic of our current furniture. The colors in the pic are a bit off.... the tables look very orangey compared to the furniture, but it doesn't look that strange in real life. Do you think black will work??

{{!gwi}}

• parma42
    15 years ago

Gosh, I have a black coffee table, some light oak antiques, a medium/dark ash DR table and a medium maple hutch, a console with a black granite top, all in an open concept LR/DR.

That's the way I like it.

• Cheryl
    15 years ago

We have brown leather furniture with black painted tables and tv stand in our basement rec room. I like the combination and you can touch up the black paint when the kids beat it up (and my kids do...).

• dixiedo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Riff: That is *exactly* the reason DH are absolutely on board with painting the tables. We have permanent "pictures" on there thanks to Sharpie markers bleeding through paper. Ugh. But, it is nice to know that a quick swoop of a roller and the table looks good as new LOL!!

• Kathleen McGuire
    15 years ago

Here's the FR with oak gateleg sofa table, cherry end table and...

black EC!

• dixiedo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Beautiful room kcmg. I just love it every time I see it =)