Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
funkyart_gw

wisteria.com quality? coupon code?

funkyart
11 years ago

Has anyone had experience with wisteria.com? How is their furniture quality?

Comments (9)

• yayagal
    11 years ago

I've never bought from them but the quality looks good, here's a coupon code site for them.

Here is a link that might be useful: coupons

• DLM2000-GW
    11 years ago

I never bought furniture from them, only smaller decorative items and they ranged from great quality/value to absolute crap that I returned. I'd hesitate to buy anything sizable from them..... an accent table or side chair maybe but probably not a larger investment piece - I want eyes and hands on the piece for that type of purchase.

• lala girl
    11 years ago

Hi - I bought a caned bench with linen pillows from them about 2 yrs ago - They were discontinuing it so I got a great deal on it - I paid something like $399 for it which was great because I needed a certain size and this worked. The quality was fine - not great. The pillows especially seemed cheap - if I had paid full retail which was something like $1200 I would have been really disappointed. I think Dlm has it right - some good, some not.

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    11 years ago

I took a quick look at the site and saw this gum tree and poplar wood frame. Both are considered soft woods. I have never heard of using these for the frame of upholstery. There is not much info about construction of any of the upholstery pieces I looked at either, so you may want to ask a few questions before ordering.

Here's a quick read on furniture construction that may help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Upholstered furniture construction

• funkyart
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for your responses and experiences. I am looking at a coffee table that is on clearance. It has a glass top so I am not too concerned about the strength of the wood- but I am concerned about the overall quality and look.

I *really* didn't want to spend this much but I've been looking at it off and on for over a year. I would not have paid the full price.. but it was just added to the sale.

Here is a link that might be useful: coffee table

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

For almost $1,000 delivered, I think you can find something better locally with less risk. That's a fairly simple frame. A local cabinet maker should be able to make one and then you can buy the glass top.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Yes, even a good local millwork shop should be able to tat up that base for you, for way less than their price, even on sale.

• funkyart
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jeez.. I never thought of that. What a great solution. I do love the look-- but I'd love it more if it was handmade and with a nicer wood/finish. Now I just need to find a carpenter or mill.

• Boopadaboo
    11 years ago

Ohh I like that table. I have never purchased furniture. I have purchased many (30) clearance Items from them that were accessories and I would say 95% of the items were junky. I got them so cheap I was not too concerned. They lasted a few years in most cases. Overall though, I was surpised at the quality and if I had paid full price would have been outraged!

I don't buy from them anymore. I do get tempted though :)