Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
teacats_gw

Halloween 2014 --20 Years of Spooky Fun!

teacats
9 years ago

GREAT night! Perfect weather -- and more than 250 kids! All ages with wonderful costumes -- even the parents dressed up! LOTS of fun -- and food!

Lot 13 Block 13 on Cemetery Hill:

The next door neighbors!

Our neighbors on the OTHER side:

Comments (14)

• deeinohio
    9 years ago

What fun! I always enjoy your Halloween pics. And, it's so wonderful your neighbors join in.

I am so envious of your 250 visitors. We had...0, as usual, even though we live in a neighborhood. Of course, that never keeps us from buying bags of Reese cups and Snickers "just in case".

• zipdee1
    9 years ago

Teacats, your house looks fantastic!! Love the pics .. Great decorations! It's so cool your neighbors get into it too, so much fun!!

Thankfully the rain held off here ..We had 521 kids last night. Pretty good turn out, although I was expecting more. Our neighborhood isn't the one with lots of little kids anymore, most have grown up, including mine. Everyone had fun, lots of kids playing every where and I took lots of cool pics!

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I love your yard decor. I'll bet the kids love it, too. We didn't have any trick-or-treaters which is pretty common for us.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

521 kids!! Did you keep count? That's a lot. I had enough candy for 200, which is usually more than enough. Last night I was all out by 7:15. I turned out the lights but I could hear kids out there until after 8. I had a mix of candy but all the kids seemed to want the Sour Patch Kids. Next year, that is all I will buy, which is good because they are also the least expensive!

We had a party on our block before the trick and treating began. It is a great time to get together since we are all ages and religions on our street. Sometimes this is the only time I see some of the neighbors. I wore my usual devil horns. Some of the costumes were so clever. There also must have been 50 Elsa's (from Frozen) that came to my door.

• teacats
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all!! :)

I'm exhausted -- JUST finished packing up and storing the decorations up in the attic (above the garage) My back is aching ...... time for a glass of wine -- and a bath!!! :) LOL!

Zip!!!! 521!!!! Wow!!! We were very worried about running out of candy -- but we managed to make it through the evening -- starting about 5:30-9:30 or so .....

This was our largest number of kids in 20 years -- our street was full of cars -- and kids -- but everybody was GREAT -- and so careful -- and polite!!! :)

And 2015 is coming!!! Halloween is on a Saturday night! So (after consulting with the neighbours ....) we are all sure that (if the weather is anything close to last night) there will be even more kids! :)

• User
    9 years ago

13-13 cemetery hill = 1313 mockingbird lane (the munsters' address). So fun!

I couldnt cope with little spooky cuties but live vicariously through you all. Hopefully next year will be better. Love your pics and posts!

• zipdee1
    9 years ago

I hand out full sized, so one per customer .. Makes it an easy tracking system :) That chest full of candy is several deep and weighed about 45 lbs ..LOL

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

Wow Zipdee, I'm coming to your house next year!

• teacats
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Me too!!! :)

A true treasure chest!

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Very nice! We had a few less this year, due to the cold and drippy weather. The kids stopped coming around 7:30, which is the earliest ever!

Here is a picture of our house, buried in the fog :)

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

Impressive! Love the pics. thanks for sharing. :) One house in our neighborhood had 3 people outside hiding in costume on the front porch and then one person answering the door. They were so good my husband thought they were animatronics. My 2 year old had no idea, but the 5 year old got scared. They took off their masks to show him since no one else was at the house when we were there. They were really really good!

• Patty C
    9 years ago

Love everyone's decorations! Halloween is one of my fav holidays. Wish we would have had more kids. Less than 30 here.

Here's a video of our decor. It's actually pretty creepy after the sun goes down but our camera doesn't film well at night.

Here is a link that might be useful: our Halloween decor

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

That is so scary, peacamp!!!

I was just out putting away my decorations, and found that on of my strands of solar twinkle lights were stolen :(

• zipdee1
    9 years ago

I always loved getting full sized candy bars as a kid, so it's my little splurge to hand them out now .. plus it makes keeping count a lot easier! :)

Great pics peacamp and errant!!

I think next year we are going to change it up. I do hear tell of a pirate invasion .. Arrrgh ;)