Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
missymoo12

Fabric questions and would this work for LR?

missymoo12
9 years ago

My question is on the various fabric options and how they wear. I'm looking at the Carlisle sofa and deciding between the Everyday Velvet in Platinum or the Performance Tweed in Slate.
I will be getting a slipcover made and will do this in a white not cream but not sure of which PB fabrics.
Secondly I am ordering the Arhaus Clancy daybed in Fog
What do you think of the PB Carlisle in above color and this daybed sharing a living room?
White and dark gray paint on walls in LR. New consruction so not quite painted. Maybe by tonite if I get off the computer :)
I'll try to add a pic of the Daybed. The sofa is an English roll arm.
I need help with this as it seems I have lost my ability to make a decision at this point. Thanks for any and all comments.

Comments (7)

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    9 years ago

To help people help you, I've put pics of both of your choices below.

Everyday Velvet in Platinum

Performance Tweed in Slate

I selected the slipcovered sofa in white, but it looks more like the loveseat in the image.

• missymoo12
    Original Author
    9 years ago

My3dogs thank you so much for posting the sofa pics!
    I have samples of the platinum and the white canvas for the slip but just hesitate because I don't know how it all will wear. I have leather now and the last fabric sofa I had the fabric disintegrated.
    I thought maybe someone on GW had real world experience.

• nanny2a
    9 years ago

I have used the Everyday Velvet in Platinum for several clients cushion covers, and have to say that I love the fabric and found it very practical. ItâÂÂs machine washable, and handles like a dream for sewing purposes. I would imagine that it would be very durable,too.

• missymoo12
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nanny Thanks for the positive comment! I would have the sofa done in the gray and use the slip to change things up. This is a pic of the room. I just painted the gray today.
    The platinum is much lighter than the fog of the daybed. I do not have samples of the daybed material. I am really on the fence about the sofa/daybed or two matching sofas.

• cplover
    9 years ago

Have you tried asking PB? When I purchased my sofa from West Elm, the woman helping me directed me towards their performance velvet and few others, because they wore the best. She also pointed out that was the same reason you saw so much in the store. She also said that if we had kids/pets to stay away from a few. So if you can find a really honest sales person, that may help. We ended up purchasing our sofa in the otter velvet and it is a really nice fabric and the couch look the same today as when we got it three years ago.

• missymoo12
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Newbie - Thanks, I'm glad to hear the velvet is holding up for you.
    I had a sweet kid helping me get the samples and she assured me the performance fabrics would be fine. My first choice was the Perennials fabric in the gray and white stripe for the couch but she said they might not be able to do it in the stripe. I did not care for the solid gray in the Perennials.
    Still trying to figure out if I want the daybed instead of another couch.

• cplover
    9 years ago

Have you tried asking PB? When I purchased my sofa from West Elm, the woman helping me directed me towards their performance velvet and few others, because they wore the best. She also pointed out that was the same reason you saw so much in the store. She also said that if we had kids/pets to stay away from a few. So if you can find a really honest sales person, that may help. We ended up purchasing our sofa in the otter velvet and it is a really nice fabric and the couch look the same today as when we got it three years ago.