Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

Attic space update...WT's for bedrooms and bath

User
10 years ago

I have searched for ideas for 11 years !!! Finally I came up with a way to do the bedroom windows after seeing a pic on Attic Mag. I found the black velvet blackout drapes on Sierra Trading Post for $15 !! I had my seamstress cut them and hem and make the velcro loops at the corners. DH and I used the clear Command hooks to hold them in place. I was long in posting completed pics as the hooks fell off the wall...duh...clean with alcohol and wait . Worked like a charm. Our most recent houseguest was in the room with the bed close to the window seat. He LOVED it. Said it felt so cozy and was so dark in the AM...had trouble getting up :)

uncovered :

covered :

{{!gwi}}

2nd bedroom :

{{!gwi}}

The bathroom is like being in a tree house with the skylight and large arched window. I didn't want to obscure the view or the light. When I was in Lexington VA for the month of June I found this antique hinged shutter. Perfect ! I sanded it thoroughly and then washed it down with the pressure hose. Let it dry. Now the person in the shower can feel the effect of being outdoors without feeling exposed. As an aside no one ever complained about lack of WT but I do think this adds a nice touch to the rustic room .

before:

after:

Comments (5)