Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Decor sleuths

mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

Any idea about the name of the fabric used for these drapes? It just says "Ralph Lauren Home"

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: The source of the photo here

This post was edited by mtnrdredux on Sun, Nov 3, 13 at 11:05

Comments (18)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I'm getting a broken link....

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Annie! sorry, duh

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Does anyone else think it could be a stripe?

Here is a link that might be useful: could it be this??

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

Sorry, I tried to enlarge it but I still can't see...
    What are you seeing in the fabric ??
    It appears to have a faint stripe ...
    But like I said my eyes are failing me right now .âÂÂ¥

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I know, it's a tough one Forboys!

Honestly I thought it was a solid until I tried to find it on RL Home.

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

Well~ We both seem to be seeing a stripe.
    I can't even find the designer credit for that room.
    Maybe better eyes will chime in.............

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

I see a stripe too.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

I saved the inspiration pic and expanded it 700%. It is a faint blue stripe along the lines of the parchment that you show above, which is made by Kravet. This is the best price I found on a quick search linked below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ralph Lauren WALKER PINSTRIPE - PARCHMENT Fabric

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

Pages and pages of RLH solids. I think without going into the books and seeing the weight and weave of the fabrics it's going ot be very challenging.

My guess would be something from the "White Book" collection, maybe the linen Fontaine Lily.
    It drapes like a linen.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fontaine_Lily

• annzgw
    10 years ago

I see a stripe also, but I think the parchment is too dark and the horizontal repeat on the pattern is too narrow.
    I didn't see anything with a similar repeat pattern on the website and am afraid you're going to have to find a fabric store and go thru their books.

• 4boys2
    10 years ago

OK...I see a stripe now
    and even blue...
    Just now appears to be thicker than the pinstripe..

I have a new monitor on my wish list !!

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

This is what it looks like to me. But the name is "Canvas" which throws the softness of the fabric off.

Here is a link that might be useful: RL Canvas stripe

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Hard to tell if the stripes are uneven or not, but it might be this one...or at least this color.

Bluffdale in river

• lolauren
    10 years ago

Here is a better version of that photo:

Here is a link that might be useful: http://quadrillefabrics.com/editorial_pages_a/editorial_html/Island_Ikat_Veranda.html

• rosie
    10 years ago

On my screen it appears to be a soft blue stripe with irregular edges against a warm creamy background that matches the creamy paint on the crown molding and window trim.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone. I will try the RL store, since the source, Veranda, has been no help.

At some point it may not matter what it is exactly, if I can find something that looks like it to me ...

Reminds me of the time I chased down the precise shade of pale grey green in a DR solarium magazine shoot. I was looking and looking for this grey green. Turns out the actual paint on the trim was white --- it only appeared grey green due to shadow! Lesson learned

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I think the issue you are looking for is the March 2009. I checked and I don't have it. However, I did find what's below.

I realized I never answered your question though...I think the blinds with panels look great, but I would consider the color...you could go dark to match the woodwork, but that might be too dark. Unless you have a light wood tone or beige tone worked into someplace else in the room, I probably wouldn't. Instead, you could do the shades in a color, like the off white to match the drape background or the blue gray to match the stripe.

Here is a link that might be useful: Veranda March 2009

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, nice work! I did sign up to get back issues digitally, I am just having technical issues with their site; at least now I know what i'm looking for.

Hmm good point about introducing a new wood tone. I guess if i used them, it would have to be something that appeared to blend the wood floor and the wood panelling ... tricky.

Thanks, "Annie". : )

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource