Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susans02_gw

Drumroll please!! The addition is 95% complete - lots of pics

susans02
17 years ago

I'm thrilled to finally be able to post some pics. I took a few photos b/c of the differnt angles. It was hard to get an overall shot. Yesterday was a big clean-up day. I'm starting to feel like my life is back to normal!

Comments (136)

• susans02
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Organic smallhome - I was rereading the thread and saw that you asked about the rugs - sorry I didn't get back to you. Yes, the ones in the kit/FR area are Karastan from the English Manor Collection. The hallway rugs are totally diff. they're more of a Samouk rug by Nourison (Suf-i-Nor collection). Sorry so late....

• ttodd
    16 years ago

Sighhhhhhhhhh:)

Curious - saw a bit of green peeking through from one of the other rms. Would you mind sharing the paint color name?

Sighhhhhhhhhh:)

• threedgrad
    16 years ago

Susan, any update pictures of new addition and deck? Were you getting a new sofa for family/sunroom? What did you put in the LR corner? Any deck furniture, flowers, etc? Love the house!!

• rhonda2007
    16 years ago

Bumping...

Any updates? - this is such a beautiful home.

Susan, could you please share where you found the mirror piece above your sofa - I've looked all over the internet for something similar and can't find anything as substantial looking as yours!

• va_rosemary
    16 years ago

Beautiful!! I'm going to have to think about Pittsfield buff if it will make my new house that nice! Can you tell me what kind of floor and stain you have? Please tell me red oak with a cherry stain! That way I'll know that the PB would work! Thanks.

• mustangsh
    16 years ago

Great House!! Love the colors. Everything is very light but still very warm. I'm sorry if I missed it but are your cabinets painted White Dove as well as the trim? I'm in process of painting mine and I was thinking an off white until I saw yours.

Thank You for Sharing!

• User
    16 years ago

Susans02 - could you tell me what rug you have just beyond the edge of your kitchen island? With the navy blue in it? Its beautiful (along with everything else you have shown
    :-) - I've been looking at rugs with a good bit of dark navy blue in them. You don't by any chance have another photo that shows more of it do you?

• susans02
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Man - I thought this thread was dead a long time ago. Thanks all- some updates......well, I got a new couch for the new part of the family room. I went with a blue couch - and it's well......very blue. It's taking some getting used to. I have to admit I'm 2nd quessing the purchase! The rug are from Karastan (English Manor Collection - Windsor & Brighton). Yes, the floors are red oak with a minwax stain (A mix of Goolden Oak & Provincial). The cabinets are not painted - I wish they were! They're the originals from when the house was built. Merillat white laminate cabinets - we added bead board & some brackets to beef them up. I got the mirror from Bombay Co. - they no longer have it - but Ballard has a good one too. The green color (dining room) is Dry Sage.
    Sorry for the extra pics - it's hard to get a good angle of this room.

Here's the couch in question.....
    {{!gwi}}

• susans02
    Original Author
    16 years ago

When I get a chance I'll try to get some more pics of the spaces as they are decorated now to show all the updates....you all are so kind to show interest in my little projects.

Jenny from the block - here's a close-up of the rug -

Oh and yes, we ordered deck furniture - we are in the process of finishing a stone patio at the bottom of the deck - we got a few pieces from this line - to go on the patio & deck - since or backyard is torn up I haven't been inclined to plant - I just have 2 topiaries flanking the french slider coming into the kitchen.
    {{!gwi}}

• organic_smallhome
    16 years ago

Hi Susan: thanks for the rugs update--beautiful!

LOVE the blue sofa. It's just the sort of thing I'd be second-guessing myself on, too, but it coordinates well with the wall color and the rugs and really brightens up the room. In short: FABULOUS. :)

The deck furniture, too: LOVE IT!!!

Your entire home is just stunning. Excellent work!!!

• tammy518
    16 years ago

I love what you've done, and I think the blue sofa looks great in your room. The deck furniture is gorgeous too. Where did you get the little white console table in your morning room?

• susans02
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Tammy - the console is by Wooodbridge furniture - the link is below....

Here is a link that might be useful: Woodbridge

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

I just love everything about your home. You have impeccable taste. I love the new rug, the furniture and I adore the BM Pittsfield Buff wall color with the white trim. Every time I see that color on someone's walls I fall in love but I seem to only see that color on walls that have a lot of natural light.

Do you have any pictures of your rooms at night when there is no natural light coming in? I would love to see a picture in a low light room or a room without too many lights on since I am so used to light walls but that color really seems to warm up the walls and with all the natural light. A color too light would have looked washed out and not nearly as beautiful due to all your natural light and beautiful views.

• User
    16 years ago

susans - thanks for the close-up. Is that the Windsor or the Brighton? (its hard for me to tell). Everything looks beautiful :-)

• susans02
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jenny - the close up is of the Windsor rug. This is a close-up of the Brighton (the one that the blue couch is on).

• ttodd
    16 years ago

I think that the thread comes back often because of people searching for shades of gold/tan & then you see your gorgeous addition & want to inquire about it or let you know what a great job you all have done. It's so classic.

I tried a swatch of SW Blonde & thought it turned ever slightly too yellow & then I saw your post & the Pittsfield Buff & decided to try that since it seemed a bit more toned down. Unfortunately BM doesn't have samples of Pittsfield Buff so I tried Powell Buff & it's perfect.

I think seeing the stages that your addition goes through as you add to it is very inspiring to people here & it (& you) come across as the friend next door that is doing it so it doesn't seem so out of reach for other's.

• susans02
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ttod - Powell Buff is a GREAT color - it's a favorite of mine - can't ever go wrong with using that color!

• User
    16 years ago

Susans - thanks, I appreciate the pictures. The online photos are so often not quite the same as IRL digital photos.

• redbazel
    16 years ago

Again, lovely home, Susan!

Red

• lonestarlady
    16 years ago

Susan, may I ask about your kitchen countertops? Is it granite? Do you recall the brand name/color/manufacturer? It's exactly what I've been looking for.

Your entire house is gorgeous...so tastefully done.

• susans02
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey lonetsarlady - the countertops are granite - Kasmir Gold. Hope I'm spelling it right. Funny thing is ----they had 4 different slabs of "Kasmir Gold" and they all looked so different. You have to go see each slab in person. Good luck!

• vicki_luvs_gw
    16 years ago

What a beautiful home. It's been so much fun to watch for your updated pictures. Please keep them coming.

I LOVE your fireplace - it's so cozy and inviting. The mantels turned out beautifully and I love the painting on the mantel.

You have excellent taste!

• Molly Brown
    16 years ago

I agree with Vicki. It has been fun watching your updates. Your taste is what mine would be if I had the money at the moment! So I enjoy seeing what you add to the rooms.
    You started the thread by saying your additon is 95% complete...What exactly is the addition? You said that the kitchen cabinets are the old ones, so I guess the kitchen wasn't an addition...Was it the dining room and the back living room? Just curious...Our bedroom is going to be Pittsfield Buff when we paint it. Love it!
    Thanks for posting the pictures!

• susans02
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey all, thanks for the kind words. I'll take some new pics today (if anyone cares to see them) - as I moved the new room around again! ALso, our patio is pretty much done, so you can see how we completed the project from the back. We're thrilled. The addition was basically everything behind the kitchen - the room with the kitchen table in it, the deck and the new room on the opposite side of the fireplace that curently houses the blue couch (we refer to the couch as "big blue") In total we added about 500 feet of living space and added a deck and patio. The opening above my kitchen sink used to be a small window that overlooked our deck. Our deck used to run along the bak of the house instead of going off to the side. I'll try and fine my camera and show an update....thanks for the kind words and interest. Decorating is still an ongoing process....

• polkadots
    16 years ago

Susan, please do post more pictures if you can. Every time this post comes up I look at it over and over - your home is beautiful. I love your decorating style! Question, do you know what the mix was between golden oak and provincial on your floors? They are such a beautiful color. Thanks for sharing your home with us!

• ruby4729
    16 years ago

Gorgeous house. I would love to know the make of the blue sofa??Also you said you bought 2 new sofas.Do you have a pic of the other one??Thanks

• laura22
    16 years ago

I love everything about your house. I'm going to refer to this thread next time I do some redecorating. You have fabulous taste!

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

Laura, right click on the thread or some of the actual pictures you want to save and then select one of the "Save As" options (picture or document file for the whole thing). It's a shame, but threads often get deleted fairly quickly. This one is still active because someone has posted to it periodically. If they sit for ?? amount of time without any input, they get removed. Sometimes it's just a couple months, too!

• happygram
    16 years ago

Hi,
    I just love the rug you have in the room with the blue sofa. Can you tell me what the exact brand, name, color, etc. it is?

Your home is lovely--comfortable, warm, airy, light, and beautiful.

Thanks so very very much.
    Mary

• keek
    16 years ago

I have been wanting to ask this question since I first saw these pictures..Susan, where did you get that beautful chandelier and shades? When I saw this thread come up again, I decided that it is time to join! Hello everyone and thank you for all the wonderful ideas (and the many laughs that I have had sitting all by myself at the computer reading some of the hilarious banter!).This forum has really gotten me interested in decorating my home again.I am tip toeing out of the 80's and I love it!

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

Here's a link from a google. Not sure how often she checks in :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Karastan Brighton Rug

• susans02
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I've been off the forum for a while - summer had us all coming & going. DH took our 3 boys to the Redskins preseason game so I got online. I was SHOCKED to see this thread up again! I've had some decorating changes -- - but my younest son broke my camera! Anyhoo - the rugs are by Karastan - English Manor Collection. I got the chandelier from Ballard Designs but after I got it I realized it was a Kicher chandelier. THe shades are from Pierre Deux. Funny.....I look back at this thred and my house looks waaaaay better in pics than it does in person!
    Oh and the blue sofa - that's been moved to the basement - but it's be Lee Industries.

• squirrelheaven
    16 years ago

The basement? The basement! This thread will probably never die, lol :)

• keek
    16 years ago

Thanks for the information on the chandelier and shades. The pictures of your home have been an inspiration and have really helped me get out of the decorating doldrums!

• happygram
    16 years ago

Thank you, squirrelheaven, for the rug information.

• mpwdmom
    16 years ago

Susan, if you're reading, you're home is just gorgeous! I wondered if the paint is holding up well for you?? And is it eggshell?

Again, everything is so nice, I hope you're enjoying your home!
    Susan ~

• lmhall2000
    16 years ago

I LOVE IT!! Do you mind if I copy it for my upstairs???? I've been trying my best to pick a color for a large area...this looks bright but not yellowy...a good neutral...and I already have the cans of White Dove so I'm excited!!! :)
    Thanks so much for sharing the pictures!! Enjoy your new addition!
    Tara

• mpwdmom
    16 years ago

I don't know if susans02 is here but just thought it's worth a try -- does anyone have an idea where I can find that coffee table? Back in one of her posts, she says it's by Harden. I cannot locate it. Thanks if you have any info! : )

Susan

• andreaintx
    16 years ago

Your home is beautiful!!

• threedgrad
    16 years ago

Great house susan!! What size is that dining room? it looks very generous. I work on custom homes now and I want to get a better idea of certain room sizes. The larger homes have 8' tall doors with the basic windows being at the same height.

Glad to see this thread resurface!!

• susans02
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just popped in and saw the thread - too funny. The morning room is 18'5 wide and about 16 feet deep at it's deepest point. I'm pretty much done with the project - just fininshed the lighting on the stone patio off the deck - repainted the dininig room and living room and did some diff. things with he upholstered pieces. Of course my 5 year old broke my camera, so no pics. I post some later when and if I get aropund to getting the camera fixed!

• shequit
    16 years ago

You have inspired me! Thank you for sharing all the pix. If it were not for you I would have probably done "apartment white" throughout my re-hab (so tired of making decisions at my age - OK, I lie about it, but I will be 64 on 1/1). I surely will consider a different way having seen your lovely production. You did a fabulous job!!

• threedgrad
    16 years ago

This thread will have its one year old birthday in 3 days on November 19. LOL.

Happy Birthday Susan's addition!!!!!!

Love it!

• hoosiergirl
    16 years ago

GORGEOUS home! Seeing all those windows sans treatments (other than cornice) makes me second guess my woven shades on ours! Susan02, I selfishly hope you're able to fix your broken camera since I'd love to see recent pics. I am grateful for all the pics you've posted, though! Thank you and congrats on your (not so new now, I suppose!) space!

• reeree_natural
    16 years ago

susan
    drop dead GORGEOUS! magazine perfect.. you did a beautiful job!
    Ree

• ozzy07
    16 years ago

Beautiful. Can you tell me where you found the animal print pillows on your blue sofa, please?

• totallyblessed
    16 years ago

Wow Susan. This turned out gorgeous!

So happy to have come across this "revived" thread. I am desperately paint shopping this weekend, and was eyeing SW blonde, but afraid of the "yellow" in it. Your paint looks perfect, and I looked on my fan deck and it looks great next to our stone. So.... maybe I've found our color. Yah! :o) I'm going to get a sample tomorrow!

Now... You mentioned repainting dining room, etc. What colors did you chose? You have an excellent eye for design. Would love to know what recently inspired you color wise. :O)

• mareda
    16 years ago

Susan, CONGRATULATIONS on finishing a big project. Your home is stunning! I'd love to see the mantles when you get those in.

Les, your eye for detail never ceases to amaze me. Would you please move in with me for a month and help me with my never ending attempt to achieve the look I want??? ;-)

• lisamariess
    16 years ago

Hi Susan,
    Everyone else has said all I could possibly say about the beauty of your home. It is just so airy and comfortable and simply beautiful.
    If you are reading this, may I ask you about your counter stools? I really like them and would like details.

Thanks.

• twg7590
    15 years ago

Gorgeous home! Thanks for being so kind and posting the colors you used.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022