Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Just got a queen Natura Ultimate Talalay Latex Pillow for $81.79

At this site linked below - OlejoStores.com, which honestly I had never been on before.

I read all the great reviews here on GW and decided to take look, and found the best price shown here. It was $85.99 for a queen, and a pop-up allowed me to make an offer. They countered with $81.79, and there is free shipping, a 30 day return policy and satisfaction guaranteed. The site says it's made to order and will ship in 7 - 10 days.

I'll report back in when it arrives!

Here is a link that might be useful: Natura Ultimate Talalay Latex Pillow

Comments (67)

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That's a good question, sjhockeyfan. I've linked the site and size (queen) that I got below. but I note in the description field, that it has a range of sizes and doesn't say what queen is.

But I just measured mine, and it's approx. 20" x 31.5". I set it on a table and held a ruler behind it, to see the thickness in the middle. I'd say it's 7" approx. But in the site, they say - Please Call (866) 805-0120 for Dimension Information.

I'd do it today and do the live chat that pops up, as there is also a pop-up that says today is the last day of a Black Friday sale. You can also 'make an offer', which I did originally and got the queen for $81.79. The sewn in label, all in French, says mine was made on 11/19/2014. :-)

Product Description:

The Ultimate Latex Pillow is a traditionally shaped latex pillow with a solid Talalay latex core. This pillow offers the ultimate in comfort and in health, it is naturally hypoallergenic, and provides optimal orthopedic support for the head and neck during sleep. This pillow features a removable terry cloth cotton cover, and a NaturaWool⢠lining. The natural properties of Latex make it hypo-allergenic and dust-mite resistant, so your sleeping environment will be healthy and comfortable.

Ultimate Talalay Latex Pillow Features:

Dimensions:
    5.75 - 7.75" H x 14 - 15.5" W x 22.75 - 30.25" D

Features:
    Traditionally shaped pillow
    Solid Talalay latex core
    Removable cotton terry cloth cover
    NaturaWool⢠lining

Here is a link that might be useful: Ultimate Talalay Latex Pillow on Olejo.com

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

My3dog's Ultimate is the queen with the regular loft, which is to say the higher loft, not the low profile.

You guys are lucky. When I got mine, no carrying case (not that I'd use it, but I do travel (locally) for work and bring it with me wherever I go), and I had to buy, on my own, my wool cover. That's a nice improvement Natura made to the pillow.

Really hoping you have a good night's sleep tonight, my3dogs, and that you love the pillow.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I love mine. I am sure you are in for a good night's sleep. Both of mine were over $100 so you really got a great deal! They say that the regular profile is best for side sleepers and the low profile for stomach or back. I only sleep on my side or back and the regular profile is fine though at first I thought it was a tad high.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Trib and Holly-Kay. I was also surprised at the weight of it; it's got quite a heft for a pillow. I'll be going to bed early tonight to try it out.

The bag that it comes in is amazing. If it didn't have the clear window, it would be great to tote things around in. As it is, it'll be great to store things in.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I'll be going to bed early tonight to try it out.

:-)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

The bed bath and beyond latex pillows are talalay latex I have several of them, they have the holes in them just like the natura they are definitely not any synthetic foam. They have a decent price because they buy in such volume I suppose. I have had the expensive ones and the bbb ones I don't think I could tell the difference blind folded, or not blind folded because without a cover on them they look exactly the same.
    However as I have mentioned before the bbb pillows have a number code on the latex pillow itself that relates to the firmness of softness. If you unzip the cotton cover and look at the end of the pillow there's NO and a number like NO 1 NO 2 NO 3 etc I have seen up to 6. With 6 being the firmest and tallest, 1 being the softest less loft. And 1 is very soft. Solid talalay foam.
    They are very good pillows and have no odor at all. They are made by a major latex manufacturer for bbb.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Just got an email from Michele, but I cannot reply back - "(PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email.)"

Please update your profile to accept emails and I will be able to reply to you.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

For what its worth, the Natura Ultimate is only partially natural latex - about 3/4 synthetic and 1/4 natural.

If the BB&B pillow were natural latex, it would say so. As someone said, Talalay is a process, and in that process, they can use either natural latex or synthetic latex or both. So the fact that the BB&B pillow says "Talalay" is not dispositive.
    These are the product details for the Natura Ultimate:

"Product Details

â¦Removable, quilted terry cotton cover
    â¦200 grams per square metre (6 ounces per square yard) of Natura Wool⢠lining
    â¦Solid NaturLatex⢠Talalay latex core
    â¦30% natural rubber tree latex
    â¦70% synthetic (styrene-butadiene) latex
    â¦Now available in two profile choices: â¦Classic (high profile) - this is the traditional Ultimate pillow and is the right version for those who already own an older Ultimate pillow or are seeking a thick, extremely supportive pillow
    â¦Thin (low profile) - On special request only - please call 1-877-750-1212

â¦Provides proper head and neck support to help muscles relax
    â¦Natura Wool⢠lining wicks away moisture for a clean, allergen-free sleep
    â¦Naturally antimicrobial, hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
    â¦Made in Canada"

• Lyban zone 4
    9 years ago

I just received mine from costco canada yesterday
    I will use it tonight for the first time and let you know what I think
    I had never heard of this company before but with costcos great return policy I decided to give it a try.

Here is a link that might be useful: Look here

• sas95
    9 years ago

I received my shredded latex pillow from Cozy Pure last week. I never thought I'd be in love with a pillow, but I could marry this one. I got the adjustable one, which has a zipper so you can remove as much or as little of the latex filling as you want to get the right loft. It is soft but also really supportive. I just bought another for my mom, but not an adjustable one, as I don't think she is as picky about the exact right loft as I am. It's natural latex and made in the U.S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cozy Pure pillows

• msrose
    9 years ago

Does anyone have the low profile?

ravencajun - How can you tell the ones at BBB are Talalay? Does is say it on the packaging? I think I saw some there, but I couldn't find anything on it that said natural latex or Talalay. I wonder if some stores have different items?

• oldbat2be
    9 years ago

Looking forward to hearing about the results. Bonne Nuit!

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm here with a report! I usually go to bed and read or watch TV for a while, so am on my back. At first I thought it seemed a bit high in that position, but wasn't uncomfortable. Let me say that I do NOT have a long, swan-like neck. So, as I read Holly-Kay's post of 15:16 yesterday again this AM, I agreed. But, when I turned on my side to sleep - WONDERFUL.

It's a firm pillow compared to what I have used in the past, but it's high quality, well-made, and I wish I could have stayed in bed longer this AM, but I log onto work between 6:30 and 7:00 AM, and dogs want their breakfast!

Tonight, to sleep, perchance to dream... Oh my, where did HE come from?? :-)

{{gwi:2140236}}

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

So glad you like it, my3dogs.

• OllieJane
    9 years ago

Still waiting on mine to arrive! Thanks for the review my3dogs!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

MY3, so glad you liked it. Darn, that cute fellow didn't come with mine. Maybe I need to order another?

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

See? Natura has really improved since I bought mine: carrying case, wool cover over the terry cover, and now an Adonis.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Holly-Kay, I'd order one for everyone I know if it meant he came with it!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

LOL, That would be the best Christmas gift ever!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

The big discount may mean he's no bargain, though, m3d. Still, I'd rather have one of these hunks packaged with my new Natura latex pillow

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

You guys are cracking me up (no further comment on the random male in bed ad :-) )

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

I just got an email from Natura regarding the dimensions of the Ultimate (I wanted to know how the regular and low-profile versions differ). Here they are:

The size of the latex core for the Ultimate is :

Standard - 6.5 x 16 x 24
    Queen - 7 x 16 x 28
    King - 7 x 16 x 33.5

The Low Profile is :

Standard - 5.5 x 15.25 x 24
    Queen - 5.75 x 16 x 24.5
    King -5.75 x 15.5 x 31.5

Keep in mind this is just the core of the pillow. It also has a cotton cover"

• Bunny
    9 years ago

sas95: Did you get the LaNoodle pillow? Who wouldn't want a pillow called LaNoodle?

Since I just bought a new mattress and am super conscious of my sleep positions now, I have a question about pillows.

So, when I go to bed, I always start on my back, kinda floating on a cloud. Whenever I wake up during the night, and in the morning as I'm coming around, I'm invariably on my stomach.

[Back in the day when I was sharing a bed, I always slept on my side. I thought it was what I preferred, but now I'm thinking it was more to accommodate my husband and not snore so much.]

Anyway, when I'm on my stomach I've either pushed the pillow away altogether or I just have a bit of my face on the edge. What I can't figure out is how other stomach sleepers use their pillows. If you have your head on it, doesn't it mean you have to turn your head 90 degrees? Or else how do you breathe with your face smack on the pillow?

• sas95
    9 years ago

Linelle, I did get the LaNoodle pillow. And of course the name LaNoodle strongly influenced my buying decision!

I was a stomach sleeper for a long time. I started off on my side and then invariably ended up on my stomach. The only pillows I could use were pretty flat ones. Or sometimes I used no pillow at all, which was even better. Flat pillows or no pillows are the recommended thing for stomach sleepers.

When I got my new mattress and started thinking obsessing more about sleep, I kept reading how bad it was to be a stomach sleeper. Because of the turning your neck 90 degrees thing, and how that strains your neck, etc. And also stomach sleeping supposedly does something bad with your hips, but I can't remember what. I wanted to see if I could train myself out of being a stomach sleeper. It turned out that was pretty easy to do. It took maybe 2 weeks.

This post was edited by sas95 on Thu, Dec 11, 14 at 13:57

• Bunny
    9 years ago

sas, how did you train yourself out of being a stomach sleeper? What techniques did you use, short of putting some alarm or shock device on your bellybutton?

As much as I'm addicted to falling asleep on my back, I seem to eschew that position once I'm in full sleep mode. I think when I sleep on my stomach I do a face plant, rather than turning my head 90 degrees.

• sas95
    9 years ago

Linelle, I used to do a face plant, too, most of the time. But then I also had the neck turning thing.

I don't think I'd recommend my "training method." I bought a buckwheat pillow after hearing good things about them. After the first night I realized I hated it, but saw the benefits of the pillow preventing me from wanting to roll over on my stomach and do a face plant right into the hard, crispy buckwheat. So I kept the pillow for a few more weeks and the subliminal fear of rolling face first into the buckwheat seemed to be quite effective. (Though that horrible pillow was so uncomfortable in general that I woke up every day with a headache. Fortunately the buckwheat pillow had a 60-day return policy, so I was only out the cost of shipping it back to the seller.)

Anyway, since I returned the buckwheat pillow a month ago I have yet to sleep on my stomach at all, so it seems to have been a lasting change.

I had read some other ways to train yourself out of stomach sleeping. One was to tie a tennis ball to your stomach so you'd wake up when you rolled over. The other was to use a body pillow. I think I'd try the body pillow method first.

• allison0704
    9 years ago

Are these pillows very heavy? I have one by another company that is and after a few weeks I felt like it was harder than when I first started sleeping on it.

I grew up with a foam pillow and probably had it for 15 years. Grosses me out to think about that now!

• blubird
    9 years ago

Now that you've all had these various brands of pillows for a while, any updates? Anyone more or less than thrilled with their choices?

I've used latex pillows almost all of my life...some were wonderful, some not so good. The last latex pillows I had bought were from bbb, and thanks to ravencajun's numbering info, it explains why I liked my husband's pillow ("#5) better than mine (#3) ...something I was never aware of.

I had bought poly filled pillows, inexpensive, in desperation, but they're now flatter than a pancake and ready to be tossed, so I was hoping I'm on the trail of that elusive, perfect latex pillow.

• msrose
    9 years ago

bluebird - Can you take a picture of the tag? I looked at the ones at BBB and could not find a tag with a #. I don't know if I was just overlooking it or if it's a different pillow.

• Laurie
    9 years ago

My Natura Queen (regular loft) weighs about 3 1/2 lbs. Have had it 4 months and still think it's great. Dh wants one, too. I'm going to check my3dogs site because it's less expensive compared to what I paid at Wayfair.

• blubird
    9 years ago

Ms rose, as hopefully you can see on the photo, the number is molded directly into the pillow, not on a tag. I would never have known to even look for such a number.

P.s. I was also mistaken, mine is a #2, pretty squishy and way too soft for me.

• Laurie
    9 years ago

Today, I paid $77.39 on the OlejoStores site for the Queen.
    Thank you my3dogs for saving me some money!

No shipping cost & no tax (I live in CA).

I was having a little difficulty ordering on their site (the shopping cart was showing "standard" size and I picked on "queen").
    So, called and spoke to a very helpful person to place the order.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

I'm still in love with mine, I'm thankful every night for the people who led me to the best pillow I ever owned.

• blubird
    9 years ago

Laurie,

Were you able to choose between a low profile or regular loft?

• blubird
    9 years ago

Laurie,

Were you able to choose between a low profile or regular loft?

• Laurie
    9 years ago

Check the link below. I think it shows the low profile.
    10% off, today with their coupon code.

Here is a link that might be useful: Low Profile on this page? - OlejoStores

• blubird
    9 years ago

Msrose, upon rereading your message were you looking for the info on the actual label? Mine's not too legible any more after multiple washings, but about the only thing I can read is that it says "natural latex", filled and finished in the USA, and it's out of Louisville, KY from the Louisville Bedding Company.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I still love my Natura pillow. It's perfect!

• msrose
    9 years ago

bluebird - Thank you so much! I would have never thought to look at the pillow itself. I misunderstood before and thought the number was on the tag.

• amck2
    9 years ago

I'm interested in ordering one but after reading the posts above I'm still confused.

I currently have standard pillows (& pillowcases) but it sounds like from the comments I should order the queen size in this pillow to get that same size.

Is that right?

Also, sounds like the BBB pillows are not quite the same as those Natura Talalay ones. Did I read that correctly?

Thanks, in advance, if someone can clarify.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

amck, the Natura pillows are Canadian sizes, so they're different from American standard and queen size pillows. The standard Natura is quite small. I have the standard because I ordered it first because I like American standard pillows better than queen, but it was so small, like a kid's pillow, so I have that on the sofa and I ordered a queen for the bed. I think everyone here who bought Naturas got the queen size. You'll need queen cases for it as well. The standards will be much too small.

• amck2
    9 years ago

So it seems there are none offered that fit into a U.S. standard size pillowcase because the Canadian queen size is somewhere between U.S. standard & queen.

Thanks, Tibbrix, for helping me sort that out.

• sjhockeyfan325
    9 years ago

Also, sounds like the BBB pillows are not quite the same as those Natura Talalay ones.

Every brand of Latex pillow will differ from every other brand (height, poofiness, density, firmness, etc. all differ from pillow to pillow). So comments on the Natura Talalay really don't apply to the BBB and vice versa.

• amck2
    9 years ago

Placed my order. Getting better sleep is among my resolutions for 2015. Hoping this new pillow will help :)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Which pillow did you get?

• amck2
    9 years ago

Queen size Natura Talalay from Olejo.com

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Did you get the Ultimate? Talalay isn't a pillow. It's a process by which the latex is used to make a pillow.

I hope you love it!

• amck2
    9 years ago

Dogs needed to go out & I was rushing to type my reply ;) Yes, I ordered the Natura Ultimate Talalay Latex Pillow/Queen - the one my3dogs linked.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Great. I really hope you love it.

• amck2
    9 years ago

Reporting back on my new pillow. I've used it for a little over a week and love it! Worth the price, to me.

My only issue is that it's too wide for the trunk in the BR I use to store our sleeping pillows during the day. So I just stick it in my linen closet. A small inconvenience for the comfort.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH