Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bungalow_house

luckygal's pic of Charlotte Moss floor lamp vignette

bungalow_house
12 years ago

I am just in love. The only thing I would change is the dog should be real. Thank you for posting that picture!

Anyone know where to find curtain panels like these? I have been considering Country Curtains Hatfield but they are busier than these. I was always afraid a big floral like this would be too frilly feminine but seeing it here with the muted colors and warm, dark wood, I don't think it is at all.

Comments (21)

• bestyears
    12 years ago

That IS a lovely vignette....
    Countrycurtains.com has some very similar drapes.

• deeinohio
    12 years ago

It looks like Waverly Norfolk Rose to me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Norfolk Rose

• 4boys2
    12 years ago

REALLY good eye Deeinohio :

• kitchendetective
    12 years ago

Since it's a room by Charlotte Moss, it's probably a Bennison print.

Here is a link that might be useful: One example

• IdaClaire
    12 years ago

I kept going back and looking at that pic again and again myself. Isn't it a wonderful space? So very English cottage. The curtains reminded me of Christina Strutt's "Cabbages and Roses" designs.

Here is a link that might be useful: C&R

• always1stepbehind
    12 years ago

I am almost 100% sure that fabric is the Waverly Fabric. I saw that vingette somewhere else and that was the first thing I thought. And now looking at the the Waverly fabric, you can see the same pattern/bunches of flowers.

• bungalow_house
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all.

Wow, dee, you are good. That does look exactly like the pattern. But boo: it's too white. The photo must be doctored to give it a bit of a sepia tone. And I need something ready-made so I can return it if I don't like it. I'm not that confident!

• cloudy_christine
    12 years ago

It's not really quite as close to white as it looks in that close-up. It's definitely an off-white. (I have some of the material.)

• nanny2a
    12 years ago

If you notice, all the lighting in that photo is subdued, with a yellow cast to it. I, too, feel certain that it's the Waverly fabric upon close inspection, the prints are identical. The only difference is the lighting makes it LOOK less white and more subdued. It's all in the lighting!

• bungalow_house
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ok, I googled it and saw one description that said "dark cream background". That must be it.

Now how I get fabric into curtains. :P

Here is a link that might be useful: Waverly Norfolk Rose Mulberry

• deeinohio
    12 years ago

Glad you found it. As far as making curtains....well just look above your posting at nanny2a who I happen to know has an etsy store doing custom fabric work. (And have you seen the work she did for sheesharee? Beautiful!)
    Dee

• cloudy_christine
    12 years ago

Bungalow_house, that link is to a different "colorway" of that pattern, Mulberry rather than Rose. The "dark cream" description is about Mulberry's background.

• jan_in_wisconsin
    12 years ago

Just chiming in to say I love it! Beautiful!

• Boopadaboo
    12 years ago

Try ebay - I am pretty sure I have seen that pattern in drapes on ebay.

• 4boys2
    12 years ago

I'm sure Joannes would have it in stock to look at .(cheaper online though)
    Are you near one ?
    Maybe order a sample.This is how it looks on their site:
    {{!gwi}}

• clt3
    12 years ago

It sure looks like Norfolk Rose to me. I have it in my bedroom and the background color is definitely an ivory or off-white. Joann's does carry it, usually in stock. Their home dec fabrics are 40% off right now.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    12 years ago

Lisa, if you like the Norfolk Rose fabric, you might also like Waverly's 'Imperial Dress' in the 'antique' colorway. It has similar colors, but having worked with both fabrics, I can tell you that Imperial Dress has a more 'tan' background.

You can use the link below to see 4 panels in it t a great price, or Google the fabric and you'll see closer images of it.

Here is a link that might be useful: See these panels on eBay

• luckygal
    12 years ago

You're welcome Bungalow House - I love that pic also and a lot of what Charlotte Moss designs.

Hope you are successful with those drapes. I'd advise having them lined as they will look much better.

• bungalow_house
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Digging this old thread up to share more of the room.

Here is a link that might be useful: found here

• peegee
    10 years ago

So Bungalow, did you ever get your drapes?

• bungalow_house
    Original Author
    10 years ago

peegee, no because shortly after that we started talking about moving, which wasn't on the radar at all. We are still considering and looking. Next house, or here if we decide to stay put!

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro