Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Craigslist Doozies....Part XXVIX?

beekeeperswife
10 years ago

So many things in the text of this made me chuckle. From the title down to the description. Had to share. I mean,who can't use a Fold in Mayor?

Comments (84)

• Sandy1963
    10 years ago

Olychick, does it glow in the dark, too? ;-)

• Sandy1963
    10 years ago

Olychick, does it glow in the dark, too? ;-)

• teeda
    10 years ago

Okay, now I know why they're called "wing" chairs--this one looks like it's ready to fly.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flying Wing Chair

• bpath
    10 years ago

But wait, the ad says there are three! A flock! Ready to fly in and decorate your nest.

• countryatheart
    10 years ago

I don't know how to post the link with my phone but these are posted on the Chicago area Craigslist today. Maybe the skull theme is a new trend.

• bluemoon14
    10 years ago

Is it just me, or are these "adorable end tables" actually black plastic tubs turned upside down with wooden tops nailed to them? I'm almost certain Pinterest is to blame.

{{!gwi}}

• Sujafr
    10 years ago

Is anyone else tempted to email any of these sellers and say, "Are you actually seriously hoping to get paid for these things?"

I mean is anyone seriously thinking someone will buy this stuff?? I know there's "a fool born every minute", but really...the things people are trying to sell just make you wonder. And to think they actually drive and vote.... scary. :~)

• User
    10 years ago

Slightly off topic.....but there is a person on eBay selling used socks. Seems to be doing quite a business. I probably don't really want to know.

• nhb22
    10 years ago

If someone could wear the size of those boots on the "cowboy boots" table, they may be worth the $112 price for the table!

The table reminds me of a joke that I played on my husband using my boots in our bedroom one night last year. It worked! DH was crawling into bed when he saw the "figure" hiding beneath the curtain. :)

• xc60
    10 years ago

Newhomebuilder, thanks for the giggles. Love to do that to my DH.

• User
    10 years ago

old barn wood old cow waterbowels and victoranshower found old v shape - $1 (mason city)

Here is a link that might be useful: waterbowels

• cblanco75
    10 years ago

Bowels for a $1! Sign me up!

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

OT a bit, but it bugs me to death (well, maybe not to death) when someone puts $1 as the price that shows on the search list and then inside the ad, the price is $150 or something.

• nhb22
    10 years ago

xc60 - My husband was embarrassed that he screamed. :)

Marti, that bugs me, too!

This post was edited by newhomebuilder on Tue, Jan 7, 14 at 11:44

• Olychick
    10 years ago

I think they do the $1 thing because of scammers who only reply to ads for expensive things. Scammers (the pro's) don't open the $1 ads.

• arcy_gw
    10 years ago

Yes the skull motif is HUGE--with the teen age gamers, bikers, other hip types. Both the postings would be hugely popular with my students at their hang out "The Munchie Hut".

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Another steal for your teenage gamer or other hip type. An dit's only 1500.00.
    {{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: custom computer gaming desk

• Fori
    10 years ago

My spouse is suffering from computer-induced tennis elbow and I think that desk might actually not be a bad thing! Some of the ergonomic stuff for gamers is a blessing to old people who work on computers. Still, it's sort of tacky and there's no place for coffee. I bet it's being replaced with one that has a cup holder.

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

I'm sure that one of these arms could be converted to a cup holder. (It's actually a Porsche seat according to the description, so considering that, it's a steal.)

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    10 years ago

This 'faux polar bear rug with zip off head' from RI appeared on the Maine CL today. Seller is casting a wide net for buyers.

"This is a very nice & realistic looking bear rug. Can be used for rug, or hang on wall. It has a zip on/off head (brass zipper). Measures six feet with head on & five feet with head off. It measures five feet to tip of arm & three in torso area. It was just sent to be professionally cleaned & looks great.
    If you have any other questions please call, I will try to answer or send more pictures.
    Asking $650.00 or best offer."

Here is a link that might be useful: Several pics - check it out!

• chesters_house_gw
    10 years ago

The thread reminds me that I haven't been out to check CL in awhile. Wonder if that pedalstool (helpfully split as pedal stool in the description) table is still for sale.

• vera11
    10 years ago

i have been trying to sel la sofa on CL..amazing how many people respond to buy it but never follow thru..must be a great pass time for some.

• Melenie5
    10 years ago

I love this thread. This one is not really a doozie, since someone might really like it. Its a vintage early 60's kitchen for sale from my local Craigslist. I'll try to attach the picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: vintage kitchen for sale

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

Love it Melenie! I grew up with that stove. The burners pulled out like a drawer.

• User
    10 years ago

"vintage early 60's kitchen"
    There are people at the retrorenovation site who would snap that up in less than a heart beat!

• deegw
    10 years ago

My inlaws used a very similar stove/oven combo until just two years ago. The unit was yellow and the top covering the burners was butcher block.

Do you think mint was the original color?

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

I am one who would buy that in a heart beat! In fact, I am tempted to try to get it and have it shipped...or drive out there to pick it up myself! DS is always ready for a road trip. :)

• User
    10 years ago

cyn427, If you have to pass through Iowa on your way, let me know and I'll give you a free bed and breakfast.

• aok27502
    10 years ago

cyn427, I am near Raleigh, and will have one available soon. Seriously. If you like turquoise, I'm a lot closer than Mexico. This is coming out of my Dad's house, and we need to figure out what to do with it. It is fully functional except the clock.

I apologize if this is inappropriate. If it is, I'll edit my post.

• User
    10 years ago

Mexico, Missouri
    Mexico is a city in Audrain County, Missouri, United States. The population was 11,543 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Audrain County. The Mexico Micropolitan Statistical Area consists of Audrain County. Wikipedia

• aok27502
    10 years ago

Oh, Missouri. I didn't see the header on the ad. *blush*

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

aok, cyn427 is a lot closer to you than she is to Mexico, Missouri, too. :)

• User
    10 years ago

List those kitchens at retrorenovation.com
    People WILL buy them.

Here is a link that might be useful: buy/sell steel cabinets

• sergeantcuff
    10 years ago

I'm glad they are willing to barter but I can't imagine what would be better than this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Monkey

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

Maybe a Celtic Dragon Throne? Only the chair is for sale, but if he includes the sword, gargoyle table, and dragon goblet, it would probably be even-steven. ;)

Celtic Dragon Throne - $500 ( Ohio)
    {{!gwi}}
    This is an awesome chair! weighs about 90 pounds execelent condition and has engraving on the back as well I am only selling the chair in the photo, nothing else. This would really set off the right collection.

List price is $695 plus shipping plus an extra $98 shipping on to, for a total of over $850,

But you can get it for $500.00 OBO
    email or txt me at

• User
    10 years ago

Really old

100.00 firm

Only one i have ever had

Don't ya wonder why?

Here is a link that might be useful: Ox neck yolk - $100 (Grafton/Osage)

• decor64
    10 years ago

Runner up UGLY vase contest - $13 (Royal Oak)

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Portal to Hell?

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 years ago

Lov, aw, that would be so much fun! Thanks for the offer.

Aok, yes, Raleigh is so much closer and I know it pretty well-went to undergraduate at Wake Forest and then lived in a small town north of Durham. Your father's unit is great. I do love those. I do want to redo my kitchen. I do not have a DH who agrees with either of those statements. :(
    However, I am thrilled that you offered and posted a picture. Just out of curiosity, when is it due to be removed? I am kind of tempted despite what I just said. I may be down that way in May. Oh, and why is it that the clocks are always the parts that quit?

I hope you come back to see this aok. If not, I will try to email you. You can email me too to take this off the board. :)

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    10 years ago

Only a true nerd like me would know this...
    "Part XXVIX"
    Not possible.
    25 9? 26 10?
    It breaks convention.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

I think that was kind of like when my grandmother used to say "elevendy-seven", a big ol' nonsense number. ;)

• dedtired
    10 years ago

OMG, that monkey!

• teeda
    10 years ago

Beekeeperswife--that entertainment center--OMG--I just don't know what to say, have never seen anything that horrid! And I'm sure someone paid a lot of money for it at some point . . .

• aok27502
    10 years ago

cyn ~ email sent.

• desertsteph
    10 years ago

this thread is as good as reading Erma Bombeck!

• User
    10 years ago

When you don't know where to turn, there's always craigslist.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wanted

• shelayne
    10 years ago

I should know by now not to open these "Craig's List Doozies" threads without using the restroom first...;)

I am howling. That polar bear rug with the zip-off head and that monkey are screamingwithlaughter hilarious, then there is the genuine western table with the cowboy boots.

Can't. Breathe.

More! More! :D

This post was edited by shelayne on Mon, Jan 27, 14 at 14:45

• Olychick
    10 years ago

couldn't they have cleared off the lingerie before posting this?

Beautiful table with 8 chairs - $400 (Chehalis)
    {{!gwi}}

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    10 years ago

Oly, that was LOL hilarious! Thanks for posting!

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Maybe the monkey owner would trade with the cow skull speaker owner? Works with Ipod...
    {{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: trading cow skull speaker

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH