Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiwigem_gw

Nailing down the details of entry door

Kiwigem
9 years ago

Hello everyone!
We are preparing to order the entry door for our rustic modern/ Scandinavian flavored new build. Exterior materials are natural cedar, charcoal grey hardie, silver galvalume roof, black windows. We have decided on the Kolbe Vistaluxe entry door. The exterior will be black and that's all I know for certain!
The details I need to nail down:

1) Interior: paint it black or wood grain? If wood, which species? Our house will have all BM White Dove walls, natural oiled oak floors, grey slate floors, mostly black doors and windows. Thinking the occasional walnut accent on handrails and such. Foyer will have slate floor and possibly a cedar ceiling.

2.) Hardware color: Black or nickel? I will have mixed metals inside. The roof is silver, so nickel would tie in nicely. Hardware on the sliding doors is ORB because I didn't want it to be noticeable. If I go with the nickel handle, should I get black hinges in case we want to change in the future?

3.) Glass: Leaning towards acid etch for a little privacy, but not as much as matte frosted.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)