Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bean bag fabric?

Posted by pitpat (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 24, 12 at 9:29

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can suggest some good fabrics to use to make a bean bag. It's going to be like a Boon stuffed animal bag (see link) but larger. It needs to be durable and washable, of course, but I'd also like it to be cushy. TIA!

Here is a link that might be useful: boon bag

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bean bag fabric?

Never mind, I ended up ordering a double boon bag that I found online. Love taking advantage of black friday sales w/o leaving the house!

Here is a link that might be useful: double boon in case you're interested

o

I can't imagine that the mesh would hold up too well with children crawling all over the bag/chair. However, I am so glad that you did not order a traditional bean bag. After reading about the children that have crawled into bean bag chairs and sufficated, I would never have one in my home again. So tragic!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bean bag tragedy

o

Yikes! At least that won't be a risk for us. Re the mesh, most of the reviews are very good in terms of durability. I have read a few complaints, but they were infrequent. And I do sew, so if it rips I can try to fix it. Sooooo looking forward to not having stuffed animals all over the place!

o

I think it a fabulous idea, and one that makes me once again think...why didn't I think of that!

o

I was at a talk given by a professional organizer, and everyone perked right up when she showed a slide of a Boon Bag. I looked it up right away and said "we are getting that!!"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here