Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

Sherwin-Williams 40% off Sale

anele_gw
9 years ago

Sale this weekend-- this will be the last 40% off sale until April.

If you're unsure about colors, just buy the paint untinted. :)

Comments (9)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Perfect timing, because I think I've settled on SW Functional Gray for my bedroom. Now to figure out the difference between Emerald, Duration, and SuperPaint :o

• neetsiepie
    9 years ago

I was there last week, ready to buy paint and the clerk told me to wait. YAY! Heading there today. Good idea to buy the untinted-I might do that.

• anele_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Errant, those are the only ones I've used-- the only one I've actually painted with (vs hiring) was SP. I don't see too much of a difference in the finish except that Duration has more sheen. My painter said most people use Cashmere, though. Can't wait to see your painted bedroom!

Pesky, that is what I always do-- buy untinted and stock up, esp. for the Nov. sale, since there is such a long time before the next one. (Much more frequent in spring/summer.) But, keep your receipt and/or make sure they enter it into your account, because they sometimes will need a different base, depending on your chosen color. Then they just do an exchange. I have never had a problem-- even w/o a receipt and my account being at a different store-- but just in case.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Ut oh, now I have to read up on Cashmere!

• rosesstink
    9 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I would never have thought of buying untinted and then taking it back later for the tint.

• leela4
    9 years ago

anele-Thank you SO much for bringing this to my attention. I am hardly ever on this forum - I've been hanging out in bathrooms because we just remodeled our mbr - and what with project creep etc., we have to paint our master bedroom now. I just read this thread yesterday and went today and saved a bunch as we needed 3 gallons.

• busybee3
    9 years ago

bought 5 more gallons... my Sherwin Williams recs emerald-- have used that the last couple of rooms and it goes on nicely and the matte does a have a very washable finish. lighter colors have very low odor, very deep had a little bit more...

• anele_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yay, Rose, Leela, and Busy!

Errant, what did you get?

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I didn't go, it was too far out of the way and the sample I had of Functional Gray looked muddy in my room. Second on my list of sample cards was actually a Glidden color called Silver Cloud (although it doesn't appear on their website, or the Dulux one). We needed to make a trip to HD for other things, so I ended up getting the paint there.

The new color looks very pretty on my walls. I'm still hemming curtains, but when I get them up, I will take a picture :)