Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
theotherbox

What furniture/decor matches SW Pavilion Beige? Pics Included

theotherbox
12 years ago

We purchased our first home last January and did a complete gut job/renovation. We are 90% done and I need help decorating with color & accessories!!

I've always felt color blind and never been any where near about mixing matching colors. I've gotten away with "playing it safe" and I want to more expressive with color and details.

My living, dining, kitchen, & breakfast for the most part are an open concept. My walls throughout the house are SW Pavilion Beige, my trim is SW Alabaster, kitchen cabinets are SW Creamy, counter tops are Baltic Brown, I have dark hand scraped floors though out the house (with the exceptions of baths & bedrooms), and my hardware throughout the house is oil-rubbed bronze.

I'm drawn to timeless/traditional looks with say moroccan flaire.

I've only purchased one piece of furniture for this house & that would be my breakfast table set. I would like to blend off of this.

- What color scheme should I use and what type of decor would you recommend??

- Rugs? Furniture?? (Color - style?) Could I pull off this type of rug pattern in this space? http://pinterest.com/pin/9499849183593758/ (If so, what colors??)

- I have lots of space in the living room with built-in book cases (SW Alabaster) that surround the fireplace, what kind of accessories would you put in there so it looks clean & not cluttered.

I'm clueless & I need your design expertise!!! I am open to ALL suggestions/feedback/recommendations!!!!!!

Thank you,

- Sondra

Samples of Materials & Colors Used:

Breakfast Table:

Granite in the bathrooms, laundry, & kitchens:

Same colors & flooring throughout the living space:

This is the previous owners living room (Yuck! Mixmatched tile, wood paneling, no lighting, the list goes on...)

This is the living room today (excuse the mess, still need to install cabinet knobs, and stone work on the fireplace):

Comments (6)

• teacats
    12 years ago

Check out some of the ideas and photos from sites like Pottery Barn -- there may be some ideas (furniture, artworks, mirrors, rugs etc.) that might work in your room .... these types of sites are great for gathering measurements of sectionals, sofas, tables for space planning ....

Here is a link that might be useful: Pottery Barn

• nanny2a
    12 years ago

I just wanted to comment on the absolutely stunning transformation you've made on this room! It's hard to believe that it's the same place, and you have every right to be proud of it's condition now. Have lots of fun furnishing it!

• rosesstink
    12 years ago

Well I could tell you that you should buy eggplant colored furniture but that wouldn't help if you don't like that color. You have a pretty neutral palette to work with so the sky's the limit. Sorry to say, only you know which colors appeal to you. As teacats suggested, check out websites. You'll get there!

• msrose
    12 years ago

You've made some beautiful choices so far. The colors you have now remind me of srg215's house.

Here is a link that might be useful: srg215

• boysrus2
    12 years ago

What a great remodel of your FR! Moroccan colors are vivid and bold. I wouldn't necessarily go in that direction for your sofa color. Instead I'd bring in those colors with pillow or fun chairs. Once you've made those choices, you can carry those color choices into some accessories for your built-ins.

I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new here, but I think we'd need to know your favorite colors first. Moroccan encompasses lots of bold colors. Your wallcolor is beautiful and allows you to go in any direction.

• theotherbox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone for the compliments - you really do not know how much they mean to me!!!

I get what everyone is saying - you can't suggest a color without know if that's a color I hate with a passion or love it.

Yes - I've looked @ PB & Restoration Hardware...and love love love...but I guess my problem is recreating the look with a much smaller budget.

Anyone have tips or creating similar looks for less?

Or how to get rugs that are similar to PB that are 8x10 at a reasonable price? I keep my eye on cragslist and ebay, but no luck so far - even though I live in Houston and have a lot of options open to me. Anyone know of any good sites that provide rugs that are almost idenical in style. By style,I mean their persian theirian rugs - something soft in color, not so bold. I've looked at the usual common site like o.com, homedecorators.com, and so forth...is there any uncommon website that you can suggest?

I like blues and greens - I guess I need a suggest of what type of blue? Navy Blue? Blue grey

Also, what a good accent color to go with blue and greens? I currently have a lot of red and what to stay away from it. While I do like red, its a common palette in my city...to see a house decorated in beige, browns, reds...I want to be traditional but not bland.

I was thinking about creating a DIY Moroccan rug, that I've seen on blogs... Would something similar to the Horchow rug in the link below, be too bold?

If it could a moroccan style rug could be pulled off I would want to do white and another color...would you do white/navy (what color would you want dominate the white or the navy?), white/grey, white/ brown, white/green...or any other color you would suggest??

Ok I'll stop rambling at the mouth................

Here is a link that might be useful: Bold? Horchow Rug