Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kswl2

A Tiny Stone Cottage in Colorado!

kswl2
10 years ago

I thought Mtnrdredux and all of us who so enjoyed her itty bitty stone cottage project would appreciate this post on Hooked on Houses....it is adorable and reminds me in some ways of mtn's stone house. This one has a hobbit/ guy vibe, check link below and enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tiny Colorado Stone Cottage

Comments (17)

• Holly- Kay
    10 years ago

KSWL, Thank you so much for sharing that with us. I could totally love a cottage like that. It really does have a hobbity feel to it!

• fouramblues
    10 years ago

Yes, thanks so much for sharing this! Made my morning cup of tea even more enjoyable!

• kswl2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think people must have some atavistic pull towards small stone places like the caves we lived in as early humans. I am strongly drawn towards small, sturdy, adorable structures!

• TxMarti
    10 years ago

What a cute cabin! I hope that structure to the left of the fireplace isn't the access to the loft.

• Jamie
    10 years ago

I looked at one in Colorado Springs/Manitou Springs that was like a pile of rocks built into a ledge in the foothils. My brother called it a cairn. It was wonderful - not all polished like this one, just a jumble of levels and fireplaces.

So romantic. It kept being bought and sold, probably because it just wasn't practical.

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

Enchanting~ thanks for sharing it with us!

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Very charming. Thank goodness there's a Murphy bed on the first floor. I can't see myself climbing that vine to the loft. Thanks for sharing.

• chispa
    10 years ago

It is a guest house/studio and looks very well done ... I'd like to see the main house on the property!

• pudgeder
    10 years ago

That is lovely!
    I could live there.
    But isn't the bed so close to the fireplace a hazard?

• bpath
    10 years ago

My new word for the day, "atavistic", thank you kwsl :) And yes, I love the way the house seems to emerge from the rock and be part of the tumble. I would totally sleep in the Murphy bed, but wish it were a little further from the fireplace so I could read in bed with the fire going. I'd be afraid that all the embers hadn't died down before going to sleep.

Mtnrdredux, how about those functioning porthole windows for your new cottage?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Wow!

• sochi
    10 years ago

What a great place! And is it me, or does that cat seem like a perfect fit for the cottage?

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

I love!

Beth P.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Very cool!

• kswl2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

That vine ladder is whimsical, isn't it? It doesn't look very substantial but in the context of the rest of that construction I imagine it is pretty sturdy. Love the Murphy bed option but ... It is pretty close to the FP.

Would also love to see the main house! It would have to be beautifully complementary to live up to the standard of mtn's wonderful restoration / transformation. Their cottage looks as though it could have had many uses in the past but the current iteration looks just right.

• kswl2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Topping hoping mtn will see this western brother to her darling stone house :-)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

oh goodness, i forgot to respond!

I love the way it seems to have sprouted from the surrounding rocks!'

Very cute, and especially the outdoor space, to die for.

It is a veritable manse, with its sq footage ... I think our is like 10x18. But i managed more seating. But they have indoor plumbing, always popular!

Thanks for posting!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!