Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deborahnj_gw

Antique Dealers in Columbus, Oh Area ??

deborahnj
16 years ago

Now that I have settled on a french armoire for my GR, does anyone have recommendations for antique dealers(reliable) in the Oh area, particularly Columbus? As many of you know, I recently moved here so I'm still learning my way around.

I'm thinking about taking a ride over to German Village today. Any other suggestions?

Comments (7)

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    16 years ago

There are some nice shops in the Short North - one I like to visit when I'm back "home" in Columbus is on the west side of High Street, going towards OSU from the North Market (sorry I can't be anymore specific). It's fairly large. Part of it is an antique shop, part is a consignment store (I think). Anyway - stuff turns over pretty fast and I always see things I like.

Someday, just start at the downtown end of Short North and go all the way to the other (almost to 5th Ave.) You'll find some nice places - keep checking back with them.

seagrass

• xantippe
    16 years ago

Westerville has a couple of cute malls that I like to visit when I come "home" for Christmas. Delaware (just to the north up 71) used to have a very reasonable antique mall and may still, but I haven't been there in quite a while, so I am not sure.

Waynesville has many, many dealers, with some very high class antiques. It's about halfway to Cincinnati. I've posted a link below.

There are also bunches of malls heading towards Indiana on 70, but they're WAAAAY out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Waynesville

• upa_lazy_river
    16 years ago

When I'm back home in Southern Ohio, Waynesville is the place to find lots of nice antiques. Also, Lebanon, if you are inclined to drive down there. We always fly into Columbus and Waynesville and other points south aren't that far, maybe 70 miles from the Columbus airport?

• moonshadow
    16 years ago

If you like live auctions, see link below to Auction Zip, a good resource for auctions. You can check your area by distance from your zip code for upcoming auctions. Some of the best deals I've gotten on antiques are from auctions/estate sales, selling for a fraction of what they would at an antique store.

Just go to link below, put in your zip, set the distance in miles to search, and you'll get the auction lists. Then click on the auctions for photos (most auctioneers in my area put up photos the week or so before the auction). If it's furniture you're looking for, they usually highlight the good stuff and will have photos. Good way to get a bargain and spend a weekend afternoon ;)

Oh, almost forgot, there's a huge antique mall in Springfield, Heart of Ohio Antiques. '650 dealers from 20 states'. Have not been there but every time I'm going back home to OH I've wanted to stop (just too tired from being on the road all day). It's only about a 40 minute drive from Columbus.

Here is a link that might be useful: Auction Zip

• poshspace
    16 years ago

I live in Columbus--have been here approx. year and a half--my take on the antiques....
    Westerville--very country
    Delaware--a great mix
    Springfield-lots of malls
    DT Columbus--Grandview Merchantile in my mind is the best shop in the area--I hit it once a week--their consignment shop is called Renew
    Grandview--several consignment shops off of 5th Ave--very hit and miss but would ck it out.
    Powell--hit and miss (I actually have a little spot in an antique mall (Liberty Antique Mall).
    Good luck..have fun.
    Susan

• deborahnj
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks all for this great information!! I appreciate it and will keep everyone posted on results.