Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mlweaving_marji

Room Planning

mlweaving_Marji
10 years ago

I am so excited that this morning I figured out how to import images onto the RoomPlanner software and I actually have something more valid to look at than just a floor plan with my lame attempts at coloring in furniture.
It still has it's limitations - the 4x4" sample of Viatera Everest countertop photo I have has been stretched to cover the whole counter so it's blotchy. You lose scale. I also was able to use the import function to appropriately color the sofas with the correct shade of blue - as the internet interprets the photo which is likely flawed in the first place.
Anyway, this gives me an idea how what I'm considering will work. Built in cabinets are darker than I imagined, however IRL the sample piece I have is a grayer blue than the online piece, and the glass front cabinet will be full of crystal and the bookcase will be full of books - so it won't be one big hunk of blue.
I see that the Ralph Lauren rug is all wrong for the dining room, which I knew anyway, but it's great to see it plugged in, so I moved it to the kitchen. Next I'll move it out the door!
So right now the rugs I've plugged in are
The Rug studio School of Fish, hubby wanted me to buy this for entry or hall several weeks ago because he loves it. What do you think? I'm holding off to see if it works in whole plan. It's quite teal.
The Jaipur Earth Dandelion in the dining room. If I do blue and white in there I'm thinking some yellow on the floor to keep it a bit lighter. Thoughts?
The

[

[(https://www.houzz.com/products/design-1170-brasil-prvw-vr~3196807)

[Contemporary Rugs[(https://www.houzz.com/products/contemporary-rugs-prbr1-br~t_515~s_2103) by Los Angeles Carpet & Flooring The Rug Affair & Antique Rug Co.Brasil rug that I have seen locally, have a sample of, and am getting more and more married to every day. Unless I can afford one of those Jan Kath rugs from LA. ;) My husband even likes this "Brasil" rug, which is surprising since it's more contemporary than he's inclined to like.
Lastly I plugged the Ralph Lauren rug in the bfst area, but my thought is it's just wrong. too geometric, too green, too heavy/deep/whatever.

Working on floor coverings now.
I have decided to consult with a designer, I've just got too many decisions to make too fast and I don't want to look at it in a year and say "What was I thinking?!" But I still value your opinions here.
Also, over on the "building a home" board Pam stated that they worked with a designer from the beginning, and their home that they just finished is so well put together and beautiful.

This post was edited by mlweaving_Marji on Fri, Nov 1, 13 at 10:31

Comment (1)