Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with darkwoods

Posted by joneyjmw (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 8:25

In the interest of time, budget, and patience with the men in my life (dad and husband) I've decided to hold off on painting my kitchen cabinets white (so very dissapointed) but they can't stay the ugly orange wood color they are, so I'm going to stain them dark wood. My issue is what color dark wood? Its open concept, the living room, dinning and kitchen are all one room, and the floors through out are going to be dark wood, I think cherry (but it doesn't look redish to me). I already sortof messed up and stained two other wood pieces "dark walnut" and I'm not sure that I like the two together (but theyre in the same room so its ok). all other woodlook things in the house are going to be white (doors, mouldings etc) Should I keep the dark floor through out, or should I somehow divide the kitchen and dining and do a light tile on the floor? The counters are cream colored and the walls will be pallidian blue by the way, and the room gets a ton of natural light all hours of the day. not a very good pic, but the best I could get at the time...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with darkwoods

I am a fan of Ebony or Esspresso stained wood they seem to be neutral to me but really it would depend on the tone of your "Cherry" floor. I had yellow oak cupboards and waited 8 years before I got the go ahead to paint them white now hubby loves them and can't figure out why it took him so long to agree. Good Luck with your project and don't forget the after pics.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here