Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boystown

SW Nomadic Desert or Another Color

boystown
14 years ago

I have been looking for a paint color for our Master Bedroom. I have dark brown furniture and dark brown carpet. I picked up icy blue bedding of which I like very much. Trying to find a nice neutral wall color which has no undertones of green or pink. Looked at the swatch of Nomadic Desert but not sure if this is the right one. Anyone have suggestions or color advise for me??? I need to get this room done, have lived with primer walls for 3 weeks and it is getting to me. Pictures of neutrals and blue would be great. Thanks

Comments (12)

• bonniee818
    14 years ago

I have SW NOrmadic Desert in my craftroom...matches the background color in the rug in here. Also is in the guestroom/office . It is a nice neutral with no undertones. I am having electricity problems this morning & losing messages so will post this quickly. Will also post the link to my album where you can see more pics of the color. Hope this helps! Bonnie

• bonniee818
    14 years ago

I tried to post that fast for you & the link didn't work so will try again. Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonnie's

• caminnc
    14 years ago

I have SW ND in my kithcen and breakfast area and I love it. I have windows and french doors that let in light from both the northwest and the east. I find the color does not do as well in southern facing rooms as it gets washed out. Here is a pic.

• bonniee818
    14 years ago

This is my other room that is painted SW normadic desert also. This is the guestroom/office. Once DD moves out for good (college now) my husband will take over her room for his office & this will just be the guestroom but for now it works out well. He really does all his work from here so it is really an office for him. Hope this helps! Bonnie

• caminnc
    14 years ago

I think bonniee's picture is a little better showing what SW ND really looks like than mine.

• boystown
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bonnie and Caminnc: Thanks so much for your comments and pictures. My Master faces South but only 1 window so I would say it does not get a lot of light. Do either one of you see Nomadic Desert with blue bedding??

• caminnc
    14 years ago

Yes, it would look great with blue. It really goes with just about any color. That's why I love it so much. Not too pink and not to yellow, it's just right!

• bonniee818
    14 years ago

I agree with caminnc.....think it would go very well with blue! Good luck with your painting!
    Bonnie

• boystown
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ooops, I like gold undertones but not pink. In what light are you seeing pink, please??

• h2ofun
    14 years ago

Just found this thread, thank you for the pics Caminnc and bonniee! I am thinking of using this color for the main areas of my home which is everything but the guest bedrooms! The windows mainly face northeast and northwest, some evening light from the west in the foyer.
    Gagesgranny did you use this color? Did you like it? My master bedding is blue and beigy tan also.

• boystown
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have the paint but have not painted it yet. Have done a few paint swipes on the wall and I am going to really like it. My Dad took very ill and passed on January 18 so have not brought myself to painting yet. But ND is a great color and looks wonderful with blues. Highly recommend it for low light rooms.

• h2ofun
    14 years ago

Gagesgranny I so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I understand it is a difficult time. I hope when things settle that your bedroom turns out splendid! Good Luck!