Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linda_ross8133

Pics of closet

Linda Ross
16 years ago

Anyone have any closet photos? I am trying to layout a large closet and thinking about shelving and hanging clothes, let's see your clothes closet.

Comments (9)

• User
    16 years ago

Here's pictures of our master bedrooms walk in I designed and hubby and I built.
    From this.....
    {{!gwi}}

To this.....
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    And the details.......
    {{!gwi}}

Please excuse the dust.

• johnatemp
    16 years ago

Wipe my keypad. I am drooling over that storage.

What a great DH to build THAT!!

SMiles:)

• User
    16 years ago

Why thank you so much! We do love it. We have two other walk ins, but they are not quite finished yet.
    What size is your closet? It's really easy to do if you know the dementions you have to work with and the depth of shelves needed for a standard closet.

• patricianat
    16 years ago

My closet looks to be the size of yours and I have to admit, it has that ugly plastic coated wire stuff and I want mine to be yours. -):

• User
    16 years ago

Patricia it's really easy to do. Time consuming, but easy. We used the plastic coated wire when we first moved in just to have a place to hang our clothes. When they call come tumbling down (and we followed the directions to the T) we decided it was time to do it right.

• theroselvr
    16 years ago

If there is new construction close to you, take a look at the model homes. Some of the builders were using really nice wooden shelving. IIRC they were by California Closets

I can't wait to move & get my new walk in closet so that we can do this too

Good luck & have fun

• User
    16 years ago

Mine's walk-in, under the eaves, and presently has a Jeep's backseat smack-dab in the middle of it, shoes and boots thrown everywhere on the floor, and piles of clothes that are so jumbled, I can't find a thing. I'm long overdue for a clean-out, and the space shown above is causing me to go green with envy! Oh, to have such wonderful storage. (And to not have vehicle parts in my closet!)

• patty_cakes
    16 years ago

I did *my* version of a CA closet, but added a vanity with decorative wall lamps on each wall. I already had upper/lower hanging racks, so build a shoe-shelf on one side where there was just upper hanging. I also moved my double dresser in the closet, and with a mirror on the inside closet door, I really do use it as a dressing room.

Roselvr, me TOO! I have an even bigger closet(in the *new* house~am I really saying that??)than I do now. I'm going to take down all those wire shelves and build me a classy closet. I'd like 'built -in' dresser/small armoire or two and will paint them the same color as all the shelving. I'll be shopping at Babies-R-Us as they're always having smaller armoires as close outs. Maybe the dresser too. ;o)

• theroselvr
    16 years ago

Patty, I'm getting very excited! I also can;' wait to get rid of the wire shelving! The roof is going on, then they will start working inside. Hubby's appointments are lessoning, so I can concentrate on selling this place once I get out of the hospital. Being in for a week will screw me up.

You'll have to post pics when you're done